Neo

The Magnificent Seven | 9/23/16 | Reviews coming in - not exactly Magnificent

23 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I think he'll get offers if Mag 7 does break out. I do think he's still burnt from the experience of King Arthur hence why he hasn't directed one in a while.

Cyborg would be a good choice although I wouldn't be surprised if it's dropped in favour of a Wonder Woman sequel or Booster Gold

At this point, it wouldn't surprise me if WB drops Cyborg in favor of a MOS sequel or something.

9 minutes ago, JennaJ said:

LOL I love everything that came out of Pratt's little twitter Q&A, including this and his Question from James Gunn. Really fun.

I think this one takes the cake. :lol:

Edited by Jay Beezy
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, CoolioD1 said:

This is all i needed to read to secure my opening day ticket.

Sounds AWESOME!! lol

I like Fuqua. I think Tears of the Sun is really underrated. It's one of the few movies where Willis actually seemed like he gave a damn about being in it. 

Mag7 looks good to me as well

Red Carpet:

Edited by trifle
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jay Hollywood said:

So this is supposed to be terrible? Ugh was looking forward to it

Collider gave it a solid D

It is 79% on RT.  Most seem to be saying it is fun but not groundbreaking.  Some are enthusiastic, some less.

Edited by trifle

17 minutes ago, Jay Hollywood said:

So this is supposed to be terrible? Ugh was looking forward to it

Collider gave it a solid D

It's probably gonna end up fresh on RT, so I'd say mixed-to-positive is right.

Collider, THR, The Playlist and The Wrap gave it negative reviews, but the rest are positive.

Edited by JennaJ
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

Variety was also negative.

Yeah, but I'm pissed at USA today.  They wrote clips from three negatives and only one positive and said it was panned even though the ratio is the opposite (far more fresh than rotten).  USA Today did not itself review the movie.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, trifle said:

Yeah, but I'm pissed at USA today.  They wrote clips from three negatives and only one positive and said it was panned even though the ratio is the opposite (far more fresh than rotten).  USA Today did not itself review the movie.

Yeah, that annoyed me as well. You can say it's mixed, sure, but the way they presented it makes it sound like a Ben-Hur level pan. 

I feel like some of these media outlets just go for the most sensational headline to attract clicks, and could care less if it's representative. Oh well, that's the nature of click-bait media I guess.

Edited by JennaJ
  • Like 2