Neo

The Magnificent Seven | 9/23/16 | Reviews coming in - not exactly Magnificent

1 hour ago, Sam said:

I'm ready for my man Denzel doing his thing, Ethan Hawke being his charming self, Lee Buyng Hun with the same typical Asian shit that they always give him (however, me and @MrPink will take anything) and most of all, manbeast alien D'Onofrio! I am excite. 

Don't forget the PIZZAMAN writing! :kitschjob:

After this...Billy Lynn? 

• Like 1

I hope it could surprise and do better than tracking suggests, but we'll see.

I'm happy with its RT score as long as it stays fresh, and it's been sitting at the lower 60s for a while now.

I just think a fresh score of 63% looks way better on the front page than a rotten 59%.

Anyway I'm gonna watch it this weekend and I'm very excited for it. Going by reviewers I trust like Stuckmann, I think I'm in for a good time.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, James said:

Final of course.

Maybe, it depends on OW and legs (which I now see at $40M-$42M, ending with $135M-$150M) and I see Sully ending with $120M-$130M gross. If Mag 7 gets a B or B+ CinemaScore then I'd see Sully over it.

2 hours ago, YourMother said:

Maybe, it depends on OW and legs (which I now see at $40M-$42M, ending with $135M-$150M) and I see Sully ending with $120M-$130M gross. If Mag 7 gets a B or B+ CinemaScore then I'd see Sully over it.

No offense but what else would it depend on what opening weekend and legs LOL

• Like 1

5 hours ago, James said:

Not saying it will happen, but there's a chance Sully outgrosses this. Out of curiosity, has anyone predicted that? 

I haven't seen any. Most people thought Sully wouldn't reach $100M. Personally, I'd love to see Sully outgross this

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hangman said:

Saw a screening of M7 tonight. It's a good movie, not great, but good.

It's a western so it has the mandatory loads of horse riding and gun-slinging. All the main characters/actors are pretty decent and make M7 worth watching.  

Hide contents

The story is obviously very predictable, but I didn't expect:

WARNING only open this spoiler after you've seen the movie...

Reveal hidden contents

My screening was in IMAX and although the cinematography is nice, you can save your money and go to a non-IMAX showing.

I was entertained, so I'd give it a 8/10.

To respond to your spoiler

Spoiler

It's keeping with tradition. 4 of the 7 samurai die in Seven Samurai, and 4 of the 7 gunslingers in the original Magnificent Seven die. So I was expecting the same number to die in this too.

• Like 2