rockNrollaDIM

Fri: SW 20.3m; MIB 8.3m; TA 5.65m/Sat DHD: SW 21.5m; MIB 12m; TA 9m

A mid fifties opening for Snow White (if today is 21m then that's where it's headed) would be as much as what Men in Black 3 opened to with 3D and an inflated Sunday. Not to mention MIB cost 75m more. So relatively 50-something isn't bad.

Your not the only one. Snow White numbers are decent but I only care about THG and TA right now.

I care for SW&TH because of Hemsworth. I believe he can become a bankable star like RDJ.

Both the OD and Saturday jump should be higher, so it's not out of the realm of possibility.

I see 18.5m OD, 20M Sat and 14m Sunday based off of my estimated Midnight number. 52m OW, that is a awesome OW number if the case.

I posted this yesterday, so it seems to be at around this level, and all that ridiculous talk about being frontloaded because K Stew is in the film can finally be put to bed now. Lower midnights than MIB3 and likely a higher OD confirms that.

I for one care about Snow White and the Huntsman. The Avengers is starting to annoy me. I thought it was really good, but it wasn't that amazing to me. Plus, I loved SWatH more. Yes, I just said that.

I don't find that statement controversial at all. I didn't even go see the Avengers. Perhaps on Netflix, I'll give it a look.

I forgot how James Cameron started these fairy tale remakes with his Pocahontas one.

Wow. You need to start writing Hollywood films ASAP.I mean, a Cameron-ripped-off-Pocahontas one-liner? How much more sharp, incisive, clever, relevant, and avant-garde can you get?Get this man a screenwriting Oscar! ;)
  • Like 1

A mid fifties opening for Snow White (if today is 21m then that's where it's headed) would be as much as what Men in Black 3 opened to with 3D and an inflated Sunday. Not to mention MIB cost 75m more. So relatively 50-something isn't bad.

Excellent point.

Yet, this movie, for some odd reason, is attracting much more venom despite doing much better, at least in context of budget and name recognition and star marketability. I wonder why this movie gets more venom. :rolleyes:

I'm so sick of Avengers constantly being brought up in every post even after a month.

Really, THG is still getting love and we are at what 10 plus weeks. I didn't see you complain about that.
  • Like 1

Excellent point.

Yet, this movie, for some odd reason, is attracting much more venom despite doing much better, at least in context of budget and name recognition and star marketability. I wonder why this movie gets more venom. :rolleyes:

More venom than MIB3? I guess you weren't here last weekend.

see paramount, YOU DONT NEED 3D

I wonder, though, if this movie was in 3D, would it be better off money? Yes, the budget would be higher. Yes, the surcharge might cause a few people who saw it, to have bypassed it. But that surcharge might have translated into a few more million here. For some movies (a romantic comedy, for example), 3D is a worthless ticket surcharge, but for this one, it might have increased the profit. Not sure, but I think it would have helped a bit.

Really, THG is still getting love and we are at what 10 plus weeks. I didn't see you complain about that.

There's hardly any activity in the main THG thread and there's usually only like 1 or 2 posts about it in the dailies.

If MIB got less venom it's because it's a much better movie.

I find that hard to believe, but opinions vary. I didn't see MiB3 and probably won't but seriously doubt that there is that much difference in quality either way. It's not like we're comparing the Godfather to Battlefield Earth here. I doubt either one is nearly as good as the former or as bad as the other. (though, I must confess, on a strictly personal level, I'm more into a flick like SWatH than I am even into the Godfather, though of course I know which of the two is objectively better).

I find that hard to believe, but opinions vary. I didn't see MiB3 and probably won't but seriously doubt that there is that much difference in quality either way. It's not like we're comparing the Godfather to Battlefield Earth here. I doubt either one is nearly as good as the former or as bad as the other. (though, I must confess, on a strictly personal level, I'm more into a flick like SWatH than I am even into the Godfather, though of course I know which of the two is objectively better).

A week ago I wouldn't have thought there'd be much difference in quality either. But MIB3 just works, and I thought SW was just bad.
  • Like 1