rockNrollaDIM

Fri: SW 20.3m; MIB 8.3m; TA 5.65m/Sat DHD: SW 21.5m; MIB 12m; TA 9m

Universal has put $250-300m on the line (production + marketing). Are you saying you think it's gonna gross $500m+ WW?

It won't need it. It needs to double the prod budget. The marketing should be offset by DVD's etc. Maybe not dollar for dollar but close enough. 400M easily puts this in the black at the end of the day.

But, to answer your question, it might hit 500M. Clash of the Titans 2010 nearly did, with probable similar domestic numbers.

I had it at 75Mio after those amazing trailers, but marketing seemed pretty weak, so i lowered my perdiction to 55Mio.I don't think it's going to be frontloaded over the weekend. Why should it be? It's Midnight/OD multiplier looks to be great and the percentage of Kristen Stewart Fans is minimal. Look at "Remember me" with Robert Pattinson...it's Bella and Edward people love, Pattinson and Stewart need to leave that Twilight stuff behind to become potential BO-Draws in the future. "Snow White" may be the first step for Kristen Stewart.Could end up making 60Mio which ist pretty fine. Remember, this may be one of the 10 best OW for Universal ever.

Can someone tell me why people are acting as if Snow White is doing extremely good business?

Because it is. It may hit Clash of the Titans OW numbers, or come close. With that, it should match Clash WW numbers. Yes, the budget is up to 50M higher than Clash (and maybe it isn't), which means that it will be a solid, solid hit as opposed to a huge smash like Clash was.At the end of the year, take every wide release, take its budget, and take its WW numbers, and create ratios for each movie. This should be in the 75th percentile or at least close to it. If that's not a hit, then Hollywood itself is doomed.

Exactly. Stewart attracts some people, but thanks to Internet poison, probably repels just as many. Hemsworth is an up and comer but not yet a draw. Theron is sort of the same, though, in her case, she was an up and comer, then went through a dry spot, and now, is that again. The rest of the cast are either unknowns, or solid character actors. Now, for myself, I would pay to see Eddie Marsan (the next Gene Hackman IMO) read the phone book, but that's just me.