baumer

Weekend Estimates pg 60 Mad3 60.3 Prom 50.0

• Founder / Operator

But not a standing ovation Shawn like he claimed.. That's hyperbole and I still don't buy it.. I live in St.Louis and like to thinkour city is as energetic about certain blockbuster movies like other cities and not 1 reaction whatsoever to TDKR in all 4 showings I saw of TA.. That's why I think it's all internet hype and nothing much more.. Will see

He said "a few". That's certainly believable. I know for a fact that at least 3 people stood up and cheered at my screening. Its not like he said it was a rousing standing ovation of 500 people or anything. ;)

people cheered and a few stood up clapping.

Ok, right off the bat, lose the whole "People stood up and applauded the movie" nonsense cause that's just a bold face lie and you know it and nothing more than your typical fanboy overhype in drive trying to sell the movie.. I'm 46 and have been to enough blockbuster movies like the rst of ya and no way did a trailer get a standing ovation and massive applause like you're suggesting.. I don't buy it..

WHAT???? Are you seriously 46?

Wow, by the way you phrase your posts, your grammar and punctuation, your abrasive, childish, in-your-face tone, and your overzealous, all-in-caps "my film can beat your film ANYTIME" attitude, I truly thought you were a teenager.

Damn, you must be a walking, breathing, living stereotype: The Overgrown, Mouth-Breathing Comic Book Fanboy.

• Like 1

Madagascar was set to outopen Prometheus for a good week now. Ever since the mixed word from overseas came in last Thursday. On the upside, openers this weekend alone should combine for 120m. On the downside, this will be the biggest weekend of the month.

Was there really ever any doubt on this??? A cartoon that's family/kid friendly VS A sci-Fi Horror movie that's Rated R..

I copied that from ERC.

On the upside, openers this weekend alone should combine for 120m. On the downside, this will be the biggest weekend of the month.

The biggest weekend of May was the first, so that's an improvement.

• Founder / Operator

I can't believe how disappointing the quality of the summer releases outside of Avengers and MIB3 (sorta...) have turned out to be so far. Its a miracle that the box office has been in a general upswing all year.

I can't believe how disappointing the quality of the summer releases outside of Avengers and MIB3 (sorta...) have turned out to be so far. Its a miracle that the box office has been in a general upswing all year.

What did you think of Prometheus?

But not a standing ovation Shawn like he claimed.. That's hyperbole and I still don't buy it.. I live in St.Louis and like to thinkour city is as energetic about certain blockbuster movies like other cities and not 1 reaction whatsoever to TDKR in all 4 showings I saw of TA.. That's why I think it's all internet hype and nothing much more.. Will see

All 500+ people in my theater didn't leap up and stand. Only like 10-15 people max and the people who did stand up stood up with their group. Still who does stands up for trailers? Not me.. but I stood up for TDKR trailer because it was stunning. It was the latest trailer too with the epic haunting music that reminds me of the Lord of the Rings: Return of the King trailer.