baumer

Weekend Estimates pg 60 Mad3 60.3 Prom 50.0

Okay, you have a point. D9 and The Expendables both fell on their first Saturday as well. Inglorious Basterds fell Sat also. So you do have a point. Both Basterds and Expendables fell close to 20% on Sunday though.

Sunday will give us first indication of what kind of legs it's going to be get, but this 9% drop from non-midnight Friday is totally normal for any R-rated film.

I wouldn't say "rarely", but you are correct that I was not expecting a boost on Sat for this. But 24% is a bit steep. A normal R rated 19% drop on Sunday would give it just over 50...but a normal Sunday drop is nowhere near a lock.

Hungover fell 12%, Expendables - 19%. I say that's the possible range. Aside from AvP what R-rated film drops over 20% in Summer??
  • Like 1

I think you're right. If true, that means TA should stabilize next weekend and have good drops from then on out.

I hope so. Next weekend has two films that ostensibly shouldn't affect it, but they could open to more than 55 mill between them and hopefully that doesn't affect TA too much.

I felt that Mad3 may be a bit frontloaded compared to most animations, seeing as it's been long enough time without any such movies for the audience to feel starved and rush to see it.Prometheus is still in wholly different ballpark, though. 20% drop on Sunday would still allow for 50M OW, correct? I badly need it to hit 50M.

I hope so. Next weekend has two films that ostensibly shouldn't affect it, but they could open to more than 55 mill between them and hopefully that doesn't affect TA too much.

Calm down regarding TA. It increased 45% on Saturday guys and fell about 45% for the weekend. Not bad plus FD is next weekend so Sunday will have tiny drop to small increase. It's a okay drop Baumer, nothing bad.

Ok. Neither SW&TH nor Prometheus will get to 150 million.2012 Summer so farTA 600MAD3 180-190 (Only movie with a shot at 200)MIB3 160-165SW&TH 130-140PROM 120-130Ouch. Unless Brave breaks out, only three movies will get to 200 million+(TA,TDKR and TASM) this summer.

As I said this will be year that will be dominated by the big films.ASM could break out to 250+ million, however this is Pirates 4 film now.

You will have a summer bookended by two big films and just a bunch of mediocre box office results in the middle. TDKR better make 500 million now because I am not feeling either Brave or TASM.

If Spider-man follows the pattern of this summer so far, it should break out. Films with the most hype seem to have been disappointing, while films with mixed expectations have been overperforming.