Phil in the Blank

Unpopular movie opinions.

I think this boards' nearly unanimous love of Cloud Atlas technically counts as an "unpopular" opinion in the real world.  

Spot on. Cloud Atlas is by far the most overrated film of 2012. Some people loved it (cough...Noctis...cough) when really it's an incomprehensible mess in film editing and dialogue.

Its got a strong 7.7 on imdb from 130k users, thats not "unpopular" at all.

This is the unpopular movie opinions thread, not the "movie I don't like" thread.

Edited by Shpongle
  • Like 1

I disliked TDK and absolutely despised TDKR. 

Inception bored  me so much that I would have walked out of the theater if I hadn't been with someone.

Brokeback Mountain is a masterpiece and the best romance of the last half century.

Prometheus is a pretentiously awful movie that failed dreadfully in its attempt at science fiction, but it's so unintentionally funny that I enjoy watching it.

Dredd is shit and deserved to bomb as hard as it did.

• Like 1

Prometheus and Les Misérables were the comedy events of 2012.

Funnier than Ted and 21 Jumpstreet.

Also, characters ( ALL OF THEM) in Prometheus were more stupid than Dumb and Dumber portrayed by Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels in the film of the same name.

Brokeback Mountain is a masterpiece and the best romance of the last half century.

Prometheus is a pretentiously awful movie that failed dreadfully in its attempt at science fiction, but it's so unintentionally funny that I enjoy watching it.

These are actually wildly popular opinions

• Like 2

I disliked TDK and absolutely despised TDKR. 

Inception bored  me so much that I would have walked out of the theater if I hadn't been with someone.

Can't say It's a surprise considering that you're quite the Tony Stark Fan, meaning you're a Marvel Fan, meaning that, by default, you hate DC and everything that comes into touch with it (Including Nolan, therefore Inception). Ain't no rocket science.

• Like 4

All Twilights are great movies and better than Potters

Transformers deserves all its box office, even the second one which is very entertaining.

Return of the King is massively overrated and HUGELY outclassed by its two predecessors.

Star Wars OT is completely average, with the minor exception of ESB - which is merely good, but not great.

Changeling was one of the best films of the last decade.

Avengers is one of the most bland and unmemorable blockbusters.

The Proposal was a lot funnier than The Hangover.

Mulan is one of the most emotional and breathtaking animated movies.

Dead Man's Chest is the worst PoTC film.

Daniel Day Lewis is overrated.

Star Wars OT is completely average, with the minor exception of ESB - which is merely good, but not great.

This, the OT is worse than the new one, ROTJ is the worst of all 6, and Ewoks are far worse than Jar Jar Binks.