Phil in the Blank

Unpopular movie opinions.

Oh here we go:The first films from Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings and Pirates of the Caribbean are literally sleep-inducing. I'd rather watch Catwoman or Showgirls.The Dark Knight is fine, but overrated.I Still Know What You Did Last Summer is highly entertaining.Valentine is a brilliant slasher film.Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle is great fun.

Oh here we go:The first films from Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings and Pirates of the Caribbean are literally sleep-inducing. I'd rather watch Catwoman or Showgirls.

I agree on Harry Potter... The first two movies are boring as hell.

Lord of the Rings the same... The first three movies boring as hell.

Pirates of the Caribbean is highly entertaining. That I disagree with.

you must have a emotional link with Harry Potter to enjoy the first two.

I am curious about this. I have friends who didn't read the books and liked the first film a lot, but it also seems like the first two are generally not as well liked as most of the others. I for one love the first one, but I've been in love with the books forever. It was surprising to me to hear people didn't like it (but liked the other films), but perhaps you are right!

Overrated is such an annoying term. It says nothing about what you think of a film, just what other people thought of it and where you rank on the scale. It's the worst conversation starter about a film. 

it's actually quite clearly the best conversation starter about a film, even if the quality of the conversation isn't that high. ;)

• Like 1

I had no idea anyone outside of GDT loonies actually liked Hellboy 2....but it is an awful movie, one of the worst 100 films ever made.

Posted Image

Posted Image

:P Just kidding.

Ralph is a failed experience, worst than any other movie released from Pixar and Dreamworks last year. In fact, it is worst than the Lorax.

• Like 1

-E.T. is just O.K 

-Silver Linings playbook was just okay.

-Toy Story 3 is one of the most overrated films in recent memory 

-Revenge of the Sith is on par with the OT and a fantastic film overall (aside from acting, which was still a vast improvement from the others) 

Indiana Jones is good.. but not THAT good

-The Hurt Locker was one of the worst films I've ever seen . couldn't finish it it was so boring

-Disney makes better animated films then Pixar (there are some exceptions but overall)

-Up is not very good

-all the X-Men Films are good even wolverine 

-Green Lantern was a good movie overall

-The Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones are still some of my favorite films even though I see the major issues they had 

-Batman Begins is extremely overrated, it lacked emotion and humor, and the action sequences weren't even that good  

-The Host is a great film

-Twilight is a very enjoyable and unique- if very flawed series

-The Dark Knight is very overrated

-The Dark Knight Rises was by far the best in the trilogy and one of the best films I've ever seen

-The Island is an amazing film 

-Iron Man 3 was a hugely disappointing film and couldn't decide weather it was a comedy or a Action Drama 

-Johnny Deep is the most overrated actor in history 

-Moneyball was really boring and Jonah Hill did nothing in it deserving of an Oscar nomination

-Robin Williams Annoys me

-Prince Caspian is a great Fantasy film

-Superman Returns is a very good film

-Man of Steel is one of the best superhero films ever made

-The Polar express is one of the worst films I've ever seen

Edited by Kalo21