Neo

Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets | July 21, 2017 | FLOP OF THE YEAR

17 minutes ago, baumer said:

This looks like the epitome of what is shit about film.  I'm not saying all film or all of Hollywood is shit, I'm just saying this is the kind of stuff that looks like shit.  All CGI, probably zero story.  

Not sure that movie has much to do with Hollywood, has for zero story it is an adaptation of a comic book with what I understand a rich story and world building to take from, from what I understand it is an European movie (not just director, but producers/comic book story/financing/crew/etc..).

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 2

I'm saying this is what irks me about some movies  in general today, whether it be Hollywood or Europe or whatever....all style and no substance.  

8 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Not sure that movie has much to do with Hollywood, has for zero story it is an adaptation of a comic book with what I understand a rich story and world building to take from, from what I understand it is an European movie (not just director, but producers/comic book story/financing/crew/etc..).

It's an adaptation which for the most part by the trailer has shown zero story or anything at all. I'm sure the comic has a rich story and it's great but the trailer isn't doing it any sort of justice. It's not selling the story. It's trying to sell the visuals and that's about it. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, baumer said:

I'm saying this is what irks me about some movies  in general today, whether it be Hollywood or Europe or whatever....all style and no substance.  

baumer, what exactly is Transformers all about?

I mean, that's a fine complaint if that's how you feel, but I thought the epitome of this kind of shit you're complaining about was Transformers.

Also, the source material does have a rich story, I hope the movie itself will as well.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nova said:

It's an adaptation which for the most part by the trailer has shown zero story or anything at all. I'm sure the comic has a rich story and it's great but the trailer isn't doing it any sort of justice. It's not selling the story. It's trying to sell the visuals and that's about it. 

To be fair the trailer is officially called "Teaser 2". I'm hopeful the next trailer will delve into it a bit more.

But yeah, I'll be there regardless.

1 hour ago, Hiccup21 said:

This looks great! I am there opening weekend. I really think they should move this to August. It would have a much better chance of doing well there. I hope this can at least gross more than Jupiter Ascending. 

This movie fits perfectly in August, now that Baby Driver moved, August is completely dead.

I know the source material inspired Star Wars to some degree, but this had a very similar look to the prequels to me.  That was not a compliment.  I liked 5th Element and Lucy, but, eh.  This just doesn't look good at all, at least based on that.  Maybe reviews will be great.