Neo

Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets | July 21, 2017 | FLOP OF THE YEAR

1 hour ago, marveldcfox said:

I mean luc and Imax had a deal with regards to Valerian, but thanks to WB+nolan, Imax had to pull Valerian off their schedule. If you sign a deal with someone who came to you first then you should honour it, no matter how powerful the other party is.

1 hour ago, Arlborn said:

Yeah, that's a bit stupid.

I assume there was enough wiggle room in the contract to allow that to happen. If they wanted it iron-clad, they should've negotiated it as such.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, That One Valerian said:

At least Besson has enough attention to detail that he doesn't leave silly expressions in what's supposed to be a dramatic sequence.

#TeamBesson

Yeah but can Besson get his movie released in IMAX?

• Like 1

Have no idea what page the trailer is on so I went to Youtube. Anyone else noticed the trailer sampled Gangsters Paradise? An odd choice on the surface, but it works. Still not sure if I'll be there and the creatures are still ugly, but I applaud the ambition.

15 minutes ago, jandrew said:

Have no idea what page the trailer is on so I went to Youtube. Anyone else noticed the trailer sampled Gangsters Paradise? An odd choice on the surface, but it works. Still not sure if I'll be there and the creatures are still ugly, but I applaud the ambition.

...oh damn, don't you turn into my mother-in-law on me.

• Like 5

To be fair, Nolan appears to have shortened the shot and spliced in one in between (a beautiful aerial shot of the bridge) in the prologue of Dunkirk, so you don't really have much time to focus on the extra.

Of course, that could be different in the final movie.

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, That One Valerian said:

Nolan movies: The cinematic equivalent of an art project your kid did in 5th grade that you congratulate for at least trying on.

Good job, good effort.  troll.png

Spoiler

You've already run it into the ground

• Like 1

Just now, MrPink said:

Good job, good effort.  troll.png

Reveal hidden contents

The anti-Nolan propaganda is only in its infancy.  Gotta do everything in my power to make sure people spend their money on the right ticket come July 21 :).

3 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Apparently he really take few takes to work with.

That's on him if he doesn't have the right coverage.  This isn't some indie that can't afford more than a few takes or pick ups.

But in the Cotillard scene there's not even that excuse.  He just needed to cut it sooner - like when he told the actress he was done filming.  It's embarrassing.

Just now, That One Valerian said:

The anti-Nolan propaganda is only in its infancy.  Gotta do everything in my power to make sure people spend their money on the right ticket come July 21 :).

Here's real propaganda

gallery-1481625429-dunkirk-teaser-art.jp

Just replace Dunkirk with Valerian.

Also, it's probably gonna have the opposite effect, like Monster Trucks.

• Like 1