Neo

Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets | July 21, 2017 | FLOP OF THE YEAR

7 minutes ago, antovolk said:

this was before Dunkirk was even announced though.

NONE of the marketing has mentioned IMAX so I highly doubt it's coming in the format. could be a last min addition in countries like the UK where it opens 2 weeks after Dunkirk.

Damn it :sadben:

Hopefully it gets a few select IMAX screens like Life (preferably at the Smithsonian theater :ph34r:)

8 minutes ago, antovolk said:

this was before Dunkirk was even announced though.

NONE of the marketing has mentioned IMAX so I highly doubt it's coming in the format. could be a last min addition in countries like the UK where it opens 2 weeks after Dunkirk.

Imax has zero ethical values. 

too many are forgetting with this whole Nolan v Besson debate that Besson/EuropaCorp dated Valerian for July 21 in May 2015, and announced the IMAX partnership/release then. WB announced and dated the then untitled Nolan in September that year.....

4 minutes ago, Tele Came Back said:

Er, what?

I suspect this refers to IMAX pulling Valerian from their slate once WB put Dunkirk on that date.

Edited by antovolk

10 minutes ago, Tele Came Back said:

Er, what?

I mean luc and Imax had a deal with regards to Valerian, but thanks to WB+nolan, Imax had to pull Valerian off their schedule. If you sign a deal with someone who came to you first then you should honour it, no matter how powerful the other party is.

Edited by marveldcfox
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

I mean luc and Imax had a deal with regards to Valerian, but thanks to WB+nolan they had to let go of Valerian Imax conversion. If you sign a deal with someone who came to you first then you honour it, no matter how powerful the other party is. 

He was gonna shoot it on their Alexa 65 setups too.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

I mean luc and Imax had a deal with regards to Valerian, but thanks to WB+nolan, Imax had to pull Valerian off their schedule. If you sign a deal with someone who came to you first then you should honour it, no matter how powerful the other party is.

Yeah, that's a bit stupid.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, That One Valerian said:

Damn it :sadben:

Hopefully it gets a few select IMAX screens like Life (preferably at the Smithsonian theater :ph34r:)

Looooooooooooool

You'll see me there instead, pissing on Valerian and saying "FUCK YOU BESSON, NOLAN IS HERE BITCHES, OH HEY TELE"

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

Lol Smithsonian may show this later at a Sci-Fi Sunday, but it's definitely getting Dunkirk on the 21st.

It should.  I will go down their irregardless if I have a giant test the next day or not.  Hail Besson.

6 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Looooooooooooool

You'll see me there instead, pissing on Valerian and saying "FUCK YOU BESSON, NOLAN IS HERE BITCHES, OH HEY TELE"

VALERIAN WAS FUCKING MADE FOR IMAX.  All Dunkirk has is some dumb war violence.  Sad!

Just now, That One Valerian said:

It should.  I will go down their irregardless if I have a giant test the next day or not.  Hail Besson.

VALERIAN WAS FUCKING MADE FOR IMAX.  All Dunkirk has is some dumb war violence.  Sad!

Valerian was made for the Biggest Box Office Bombs list. 

I'm gonna live at the Smithsonian between July 21st and September. I'll see y'all there, they might make me an exhibit!

• Like 3

Just now, MrPink said:

I'm gonna live at the Smithsonian between July 21st and September. I'll see y'all there, they might make me an exhibit!

Of course Dunkirk has to steal a movie's IMAX spot in order for it to actually be relevant.  Valerian got there first fair and square, #sad that Dunkirk decides to be a thief.

2 minutes ago, MrPink said:

My club is still open

http://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/23432-shooting-for-the-stars-and-missing-franfar-and-aabatterys-the-great-wall-dom-valerian-dom-spectacular/

Just now, That One Valerian said:

Of course Dunkirk has to steal a movie's IMAX spot in order for it to actually be relevant.  Valerian got there first fair and square, #sad that Dunkirk decides to be a thief.

Sad that Valerian can't be relevant enough to maintain an IMAX spot when a little old war movie comes along.

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 1

Just now, MrPink said:

Sad that Valerian can't be relevant enough to maintain an IMAX spot when a little old war movie comes along.

ONLY CAUSE WARNER BULLIED IMAX INTO DOING IT.  EUROPAGODS got the deal first, but sadly Dunshit had to steal Valeriaflop's thunder and ruin everything.  Bullies.  Dirty tricksters