Neo

Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets | July 21, 2017 | FLOP OF THE YEAR

1 minute ago, MrPink said:

Here's real propaganda

gallery-1481625429-dunkirk-teaser-art.jp

Just replace Dunkirk with Valerian.

Also, it's probably gonna have the opposite effect, like Monster Trucks.

But Monster Trucks always looked kindaaaaa shitty from the start.  Valerian has a lot going for it upfront, so it should be an easier sell to the #casuals on the board.

Just now, That One Valerian said:

But Monster Trucks always looked kindaaaaa shitty from the start.  Valerian has a lot going for it upfront, so it should be an easier sell to the #casuals on the board.

Was your Monster Trucks stanning ironic or nah

1 minute ago, That One Valerian said:

You're gonna scare away all the casuals.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

The final trailer looks great! Sad to hear the 3D isn't native though (post production 3D)

I feel like we've gotten to the point where a film can have great (converted) 3-D provided the post house has enough time to do it and the director is invested enough (and knowledgeable enough) to be closely involved.

I'm fairly sure Besson falls into the latter category, and I don't have any idea about the former except that it doesn't feel like this was rushed to market. Seems like this would look fantastic in Laser 3-D.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Tele Came Back said:

I feel like we've gotten to the point where a film can have great (converted) 3-D provided the post house has enough time to do it and the director is invested enough (and knowledgeable enough) to be closely involved.

I'm fairly sure Besson falls into the latter category, and I don't have any idea about the former except that it doesn't feel like this was rushed to market. Seems like this would look fantastic in Laser 3-D.

Pity it's not getting IMAX. And it's probably not at the Cinerama, either, unless there's a one week engagement. And they don't tend to do 3D there, anyway, even though they've got a projector that can do it really well.

3 minutes ago, Tele Came Back said:

Would not surprise me if for 2016 release going upward we will have an hard time making the difference (specially if a lot of the stuff on screen is not in camera anyway), apparently

http://realorfake3d.com/

Fake 3D

Beauty and the Beast
Ghost in the Shell
Great Wall
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
Kong: Skull Island
King Arthur
Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets
Wonder Woman
xXx: Return of Xander Cage

Transformer being a rare title in native 3D.

And having to use a large double camera come with some limitation for some production (Miller spent a lot of R&D money trying to create a 3d camera for MadMax, that would fit inside of the vehicle, survive the harsh desert condition and so on, to simply decide that it will not be ready in time and too costly)

• Like 1