Neo

Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets | July 21, 2017 | FLOP OF THE YEAR

Okay so before I had zero intentions of seeing this and now I'm very very interested. That was a really good third trailer. I'm definitely gonna check it out now especially I don't have many films I want to see this summer. 

• Like 6

This looks insane and definitely like something that I'll be crazy about! I am insanely hyped for this. I's nuts that they managed to make every trailer better than the the one that came before even if in the end he didn't deliver on his promise to  never repeat a scene on the trailers but it's understandable as this movie needs as much marketing as possible.

I really hope OS can save this as this absolutely looks undeserving of being a flop. I'll be a bit mad if it does end up bombing worldwide.

Edited by Arlborn
  • Like 9

I'm also rooting for this. I'm not at all invested in anyone who is involved with the film, but it has captured my attention from the first trailer for looking so new and interesting and visually stunning. It just looks like it could be a really absorbing piece of epic escapism.

I think it would be fun if this ends up being a surprise summer blockbuster domestically. I hope it is critically well received and that it finds an audience. There is a universe where this could open to solid numbers due to the great trailers and ramped up buzz if critics give it a thumbs up, and then have really strong legs if it hits a sweet spot for audiences. I find myself hoping for this possibility.

Peace,

Mike

• Like 3

Finally a decent trailer for this movie.  Ok, it still doesn't look all that good, but yes visually it still looks great.

Funny the trailer worked best for me when they kept the leads out of it :P   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tele Came Back said:

I'm really rooting for this. Hopefully it manages a decent result overall. 

It's hard to explain just how much more excited I am for Okja and Valerian than just about anything coming this summer. Next up after that would be Baby Driver, It Comes At Night and Atomic Blonde. Honorable mentions being Kingsman The Golden Circle, Detroit, The Bad Batch and Dunkirk. And, yeah, I know Kingsman technically releases on the first day of autumn.

• Like 1