Neo

Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets | July 21, 2017 | FLOP OF THE YEAR

7 minutes ago, Wonder89 said:

Budget for this is 209m????

If you are talking gross it ended up being 197.47m Euro according to this (Centre national du cinéma Français):

http://www.profession-spectacle.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/La-production-cinématographique-en-2016.pdf

That is 225.8 million US with today exchange rate, but ER fluctuate quite a bit recently, could have been a bit lower with 2016 exchange rate say 214 to 219.

Net could be considerably lower after a France state tax rebate, could be 30 million Euro lower for a 181 to 184 million or so net cost.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Water Bottle said:

By the way there was applause at the end of the screening. People laughed at the funny bits. Seems like a real crowd pleaser. :ph34r:

STX will use that in their press release like when WB boasted about all free advance screenings of King Arthur being sold out.

• Like 1

That free Advance screenings being sold out thing was so embarrassing.

I do agree that it's too early to know exactly what the reviews are going to be because they're not positive enough for me to believe that it's going to be some overwhelming love for it. It's still up in the air. It could definitely go rotten on RT. I'm not predicting that though. I still say 65 - 70%. 

5 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

They were sold out tho.  I tried to get some last minute passes but it was completely sold.  In fact I think it said all of the screenings were sold out when I went to check on the site.

Every advanced screening I've ever been to has been "sold out." Trust me, I get passes all the time, the passes are generally gone within an hour or two (and sometimes much quicker) of being posted.

Edited by Jayhawk
  • Like 2

• Community Manager

In LA there's like a decent sized group of people who will take passes for every movie that has an advanced screening no matter what it is. They try to show up to. They even know each other.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Water Bottle said:

In LA there's like a decent sized group of people who will take passes for every movie that has an advanced screening no matter what it is. They try to show up to. They even know each other.

Yeah there's a website that collates the different links where passes are posted (you can set it by metro area). I try to check it a few times a day, but if I don't get it within an hour or so, I'm not getting passes for anything remotely popular.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

That's actually pretty kickass, the kind of movie club I'd love to be in.

Reallly excited about the good reception so far...I wonder when the RT embargo will drop, this early with only audience screenings is promising. 

• Like 3