Shawn Robbins

Monday (7/2/12) Numbers: TED @ $8.8m, BRAVE @ $5.5m, MIKE @ $5.025m

Let's see in the Summer game, I said yes to making 5 million but no to 7 million, I think I'll pass on the crow.

I think I said the same thing :lol:

Well at least they were on the "support" side. And the others? The I know it all side? Crap.

7.5m isn't exactly a win for the "support" side either. It's right smack dab between mediocre and good. Nobody "wins" with that number so stop pretending that you're so much more right.
  • Like 4

Well at least they were on the "support" side. And the others? The I know it all side? Crap.

Let me get this straight.Those that said $15-20m for midnights don't get crow despite being a hell of a lot more wrong than those predicting $5m?
  • Like 3

Let me get this straight.Those that said $15-20m for midnights don't get crow despite being a hell of a lot more wrong than those predicting $5m?

there is only one person who predicted that much. iJackSparrow who clearly doesn't know much about box office

That Brave hold is the best Pixar hold among similar releases on the same day in its run. Rat dropped 53.4% and Wall E dropped 54.4% on their second Monday. Hold the phone. Brave is not falling apart.**Choosing these comparable titles since these were the two Pixar films released in late June.

TA's staying power is amazing. Almost three quarters of a million on the 9th Monday? Are you kidding me??? The only movies with a better per theater average are the openers and Brave, and it is beating movies that opened a month after it in the dailies now, such as Prometheus. I'm wondering if 630m is possible. A 3x multi is locked.

Probably a silly question, but I take it everything is gonna have huge increases(like a Friday almost) today since everybody has tomorrow off?

Based on the last time the 4th was a Wednesday, Tuesday will increase slightly and then big increases on Wednesday.

Probably a silly question, but I take it everything is gonna have huge increases(like a Friday almost) today since everybody has tomorrow off?

I'd expect an increase for sure since tomorrow is a holiday and it is also discount Tuesday, but I don't think it will be like a Friday. This is an outdoor centric holiday with lots of evening fireworks and such. Tomorrow there should be another increase, but again not really like a Saturday. Thursday's drop could be fairly soft since many people take vacation to extend the holiday, too.