Shawn Robbins

The Official TASM Weekly Thread (6 Day EST-140m) (Warning: Whiten Out Spoilers/Spoiler Tags)

I've said over and over that critics were too lenient on SM3. That much is obvious based on its horrible WOM with audiences and shitty DVD sales. The critics got it wrong with that movie, and a lot of it was because of goodwill from the first two movies. They gave it a pass when they shouldn't have.

Well, I don't see why you aren't rounding up the score for Spidey 3. It shouldn't matter if critics are lenient or not. You need a methodology. Not just random numbers.

Which is why:

The Raid is so fucking good. It takes a simple story and just runs with it. The worst thing about it, is that I had this idea about 5 years ago! It wasn't as simple as this, there was a lot of set-up to get it to that building at the end, so I saw that movie and was just blown away at it's simple elegance of the story.

No pretension. Exactly.

Diary of some here:What I did today? Well, I woke up, logged in boxoffice.com and trashed the hell out of The Amazing Spider-Man. Then I eat, while still trashing the film, and I went to work. I couldn't control myself so I'll log in my phone and hate a little bit more. When I'm bored at work, do you know what I do? I hate on The Amazing Spider-Man!!! And you know what I had for lunch? A big double of hating Amazing Spider-Man on three threads and more a bunch of websites, then I cursed the loonies that think that film is worth a damn, because they are just some dipshits. Then I almost got late for work, but I'm sure that my boss won't notice if I get on boxoffice.com so I can hate on The Amazing Spider-Man a little bit more, so what I'll do next? Work? Fuck work, the World needs to know how fucking a piece of trash this film is, so I'll trash this film a little bit again, because it's a war, I hate these loonies that are anticipating this film, it's a pretty fucking boring film made for this stupid dickheads that will watch anything that throw next to them wait, I've got a little bit carried away, I need to hate The Amazing Spider-Man again, and ops it's pass 5, I should get going, my lady is missing me, but she can wait because I need to tell these people how much awful this Spider-Man film, so I'll pass a little bit more time here. Wait, is already past 8? I guess I'll ask for some pizza delivery, no time to stop hating this film, the night is long and this film needs to be hated. And I need to make sure to everyone how much hateful and boring this film is.Seriously.I'd hate to be you. This was virtually the most nauseating shit that I've already written my entire life. But describe some of you perfectly. I know you won't stop. And by no means I'm confronting your opinion about this film. I'm just trying to show how pathetic you look. I'm here to talk about a film that I'm anticipating the fuck out. How about you? What you did today besides hating on The Amazing Spider-Man? Does it makes you feel better about yourself? Some tough childhood problems? Or just boredom? Is your life that fucking empty? I can't hate people like you, I do have pity, and I hope that I don't know, one day things get better for you.

Edited by iJackSparrow

TASM 32-35 range

"That's an excellent number for TASM! The haters can't spin this.""That's an ok number for TASM. Just boring and completely expected.""That's a rubbish number for TASM. It didn't reach iJack's 50M OD. Fail. Loonies in meltdown."Which is it? :P
  • Like 3

I am feeling really old that everyone is loving this movie and I am not. I think I have finally reached that age where a few decent things do not a good movie make. I need it all and this movie doesn't have much of it.

I don't think it's that your old, I'm sure I'm older than most here and close to your age (I'm 30), but that your need it all mentality should be adjusted for the type of movie your seeing. I really liked TASM, it was very well done and a thoroughly enjoyable superhero/comic book movie and it was great seeing spider-man on the big screen again (avoiding specific details obviously)...was it as good as my favorite, ideal amazing films (Godfather, Jaws, Raiders, TWBB, Seven, etc, etc), of course not, all movies can't be perfect and have it all...but for characters I like (in this case Spider-Man) I am willing to forgive the nitpicky nothing's that many people are pointing out in the review thread. I knew going in what type of movie this was, and it was very good for that type. Like I don't walk into a deli expecting a 5-star restaurant's roasted duck special quality food, but am very happy when I get a really good grilled chicken and fresh mozzarella hero. Different strokes for different folks though.

Diary of some here:

What I did today? Well, I woke up, logged in boxoffice.com and trashed the hell out of The Amazing Spider-Man. Than I eat, while still trashing the film, and I went to work. I couldn't control myself so I'll log in my phone and hate a little bit more. When I'm bored at work, do you know what I do? I hate on The Amazing Spider-Man!!! And you know what I had for lunch? A big double of hating Amazing Spider-Man on three threads and more a bunch of websites, then I cursed the loonies that think that film is worth a damn, because they are just some dipshits. Then I almost got late for work, but I'm sure that my boss won't notice if I get on boxoffice.com so I can hate on The Amazing Spider-Man a little bit more, so what I'll do next? Work? Fuck work, the World needs to know how fucking a piece of trash this film is, so I'll trash this film a little bit again, because it's a war, I hate these loonies that are anticipating this film, it's a pretty fucking boring film made for this stupid dickheads that will watch anything that throw next to them wait, I've got a little bit carried away, I need to hate The Amazing Spider-Man again, and ops it's pass 5, I should get going, my lady is missing me, but she can wait because I need to tell these people how much awful this Spider-Man film, so I'll pass a little bit more time here. Wait, is already past 8? I guess I'll ask for some pizza delivery, no time to stop hating this film, the night is long and this film needs to be hated. And I need to make sure to everyone how much hateful and boring this film is.

Seriously.

I'd hate to be you. This was virtually the most nauseating shit that I've already written my entire life. But describe some of you perfectly. I know you won't stop. And by no means I'm confronting your opinion about this film. I'm just trying to show how pathetic you look.

I'm here to talk about a film that I'm anticipating the fuck out. How about you? What you did today besides hating on The Amazing Spider-Man? Does it makes you feel better about yourself? Some tough childhood problems? Or just boredom? Is your life that fucking empty? I can't hate people like you, I do have pity, and I hope that I don't know, one day things get better for you.

Actually, I didn't go to work today.