Shawn Robbins

The Official TASM Weekly Thread (6 Day EST-140m) (Warning: Whiten Out Spoilers/Spoiler Tags)

• Founder / Operator

TF1 might have had great WOM, but its legs don't really show it. That's why I think Spidey can have a similar run.

Its legs were great considering how much demand it burned off. The fact that the sequel rivaled TDK's 5-day record is all the evidence we really need to know how strong the first film's WOM was. Not to mention the home video sales.I'm not saying TASM can't do that -- just that we have no idea what the general audience thinks yet. Its way too early IMO to start reversing predictions based on a decent-but-not-noteworthy midnight number.

Spider man 3 made 10 million midnights, this made 7.5 million with more imax screens and 3d tax. Under 300 million pretty much confirmed

And boom goes the dynamite

This movie is so divisive. I love it.

:popcorn: :popcorn:

Indeed. I was afraid the numbers were 'meh' enough that both sides would shut up. Instead, they seem to both be going full retard. Its great.

Posted Image

Edited by Orestes

Its legs were great considering how much demand it burned off. The fact that the sequel rivaled TDK's 5-day record is all the evidence we really need to know how strong the first film's WOM was. Not to mention the home video sales.I'm not saying TASM can't do that -- just that we have no idea what the general audience thinks yet. Its way too early IMO to start reversing predictions based on a decent-but-not-noteworthy midnight number.

I'm just saying it didn't have a Pirates 1 type of run. TF1 opened huge and had decent legs. It obviously had great WOM with huge home video sales. But at the box office it performed more like a well-received sequel than a franchise starter.As far as Spidey goes, I've been saying $320m for weeks and weeks. It's not a matter of reversing my prediction based on midnight. The midnight only confirmed what I expected of the film. Edited by redfirebird2008

Spider man 3 made 10 million midnights, this made 7.5 million with more imax screens and 3d tax. Under 300 million pretty much confirmed

Bah so wrong.7.5 on a Monday night with little fanfare? I see no way it falls under 30m for the day, 150m for the 6 day, and 300m total at this point.5.0 multiplier for the opening day to 6 day seems likely, and a 2.0 for 6 day total, minimum. Edited by ExcelFTW