Shawn Robbins

The Official TASM Weekly Thread (6 Day EST-140m) (Warning: Whiten Out Spoilers/Spoiler Tags)

So let me get this straight. If TASM does 27 Million OD with Midnights, that is somehow not good when this is the 4th Film of the franchise? and the last movie wasn't very loved? Sorry can't give some of you that. This is clearly proving Spidey is bigger than we could of thought that a roboot some 5 years, Not 8 like Batman or 20 like Superman is able to still bring people out is good. Also comparing TDKR or TA to this I don't know. It's not like Tobey and Rami came back, this is a whole new team. I think Spidey is off to a good start. You know the bar is high when 250 is considered a failure for a reboot.

uh 250 is only Superman returns and Batman Begins adjusted......

So let me get this straight. If TASM does 27 Million OD with Midnights, that is somehow not good when this is the 4th Film of the franchise? and the last movie wasn't very loved? Sorry can't give some of you that. This is clearly proving Spidey is bigger than we could of thought that a roboot some 5 years, Not 8 like Batman or 20 like Superman is able to still bring people out is good. Also comparing TDKR or TA to this I don't know. It's not like Tobey and Rami came back, this is a whole new team. I think Spidey is off to a good start. You know the bar is high when 250 is considered a failure for a reboot.

If it makes it's budget back domestically I would consider it a success.

Why in the hell would Sony be shy about that number, that is really good.

Yup.IMO they just don't want to give a number so early in case the night shows are not as good as expected. But I see they have nothing to worry.

uh 250 is only Superman returns and Batman Begins adjusted......

Exactly and Superman was coming off Christopher Reeves Death and 20 years of a gap and Batman was coming off Batman and Robin and an 8 year gap. TASM is coming off Spider-man 3 only a 5 years gap which though Hated, broke records and still did over 300 Million. The fact is this was NEVER going to sell as many tickets as the original trilogy. That wasn't even the plan, the plan was to re-establish Spidey to a new generation and I think after this weekend they will have done that. I expect TASM 2 to increase over this one's overall total.
  • Like 2

If it makes it's budget back domestically I would consider it a success.

It will. 1st Spidey is going to get a boost from TDKR. For parents that will feel Batman is too violent for their kids, they will opt to take then to Spidey instead so they can still see a comic book movie, also there will be blowback from sellouts. I think it will cross 200 million by the end of the Next Sunday. Then it has 4 more days before the box office Apocalypse begins. Edited by filmscholar
  • Like 1