A Marvel Fanboy

Assassin's Creed | 12/21/2016 | Michael Fassbender, Marion Cotillard | Final Trailer on Page 71

On ‎24‎/‎12‎/‎2015 at 1:20 AM, Total Treecall said:

I keep kicking myself for not getting around to watching MACBETH when it released a couple months ago.

Its fucking terrible, trust me you did the right thing in avoiding it

4 hours ago, Jessie said:

I don't get what goes through studio heads minds. Out of all the games they could adapt to a movie and they pick this? With Warcraft due this year too, I guess video game adaptations will remain cursed for a least a few more years.

What exactly is wrong with Assassin's Creed? I agree that maybe it should have come out a couple years earlier when the games were actually good, but it's still really popular. It's sold over 73 million copies, and the overall concept has potential for a movie, and I think if marketed right, it could seem interesting to the general public. Really, the issue I have is with the scheduling. Why have it premiere a few days after Rogue One?

On 2015-12-24 at 2:20 AM, Total Treecall said:

I keep kicking myself for not getting around to watching MACBETH when it released a couple months ago.

On 2016-01-25 at 10:14 AM, Jessie said:

Its fucking terrible, trust me you did the right thing in avoiding it

Don't listen to him, tree. :) Macbeth is badass. You should have caught it on the big screen. I regret I didn't.

AC has all the ingredients to become the first legit good videogame adaptation.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, The Stingray said:

Don't listen to him, tree. :) Macbeth is badass. You should have caught it on the big screen. I regret I didn't.

no I think she should listen, it was fucking terrible, talking in Shakespearian language, it should have been made 50 years ago when people actually gave a fuck.

22 hours ago, CoolEric258 said:

What exactly is wrong with Assassin's Creed? I agree that maybe it should have come out a couple years earlier when the games were actually good, but it's still really popular. It's sold over 73 million copies, and the overall concept has potential for a movie, and I think if marketed right, it could seem interesting to the general public. Really, the issue I have is with the scheduling. Why have it premiere a few days after Rogue One?

nothing wrong with it, but there's better games that could be adapted which would bring in larger audiences. Choosing Assassins Creed and WOW over the vast majority of games is just ridiculous. A well made Halo movie would have made more than these 2 combined, shame the boat already sailed on that one.

2 hours ago, The Stingray said:

The second.

6 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

The Reddit user that showed Wolverine would be R is saying Assassin's Creed will be PG-13 and that most of it takes place in modern day: https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/46337t/just_got_back_from_foxs_toy_fair_presentation/

PG-13?!?! Mostly set in present day?! :rofl: That is gonna bomb. 

On 2016-01-25 at 10:13 AM, Jessie said:

I don't get what goes through studio heads minds. Out of all the games they could adapt to a movie and they pick this? With Warcraft due this year too, I guess video game adaptations will remain cursed for a least a few more years.

On 2016-01-26 at 2:28 PM, Jessie said:

nothing wrong with it, but there's better games that could be adapted which would bring in larger audiences. Choosing Assassins Creed and WOW over the vast majority of games is just ridiculous. A well made Halo movie would have made more than these 2 combined, shame the boat already sailed on that one.

Well partially because the people actually responsible for the Assassin's Creed franchise are putting their money into this film, unlike a certain other publisher that only agreed on a third of the budget needed to do their biggest franchise properly.

• Like 1

On Wednesday, February 17, 2016 at 1:36 AM, WrathOfHan said:

The Reddit user that showed Wolverine would be R is saying Assassin's Creed will be PG-13 and that most of it takes place in modern day: https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/46337t/just_got_back_from_foxs_toy_fair_presentation/

Why is it being a PG-13 surprising? It's easy to make this without it being R. No swearing, and don't show blades escaping the body. Boom.