A Marvel Fanboy

Assassin's Creed | 12/21/2016 | Michael Fassbender, Marion Cotillard | Final Trailer on Page 71

1 hour ago, Hatebox said:

Bioshock Infinite probably has the best story and world-building of any game I've ever played.

I'd have no particular desire to see them make a movie of it, though. What would be the point? I've drunk in that experience already. As videogames get more sophisticated and filmic, the less necessary movie adaptations of them are, not more.

Remember Me has a great story for doing a movie. I believe a 2 hours and a half movie would be sufficient, but looks unlikely it happen because the game isn't a big success...

The best way to do say a Mass Effect movie is to make it similar to the NuTrek movies in style and tone, particularly Trek 09. Focus on introducing the most important characters and getting the audience behind them on a rollicking adventure that is mostly standalone (to make it accessible). Then, if a sequel is fiscally viable, you can start there to dig into the deeper mythology to tell a bigger story.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 4815162342 said:

What does the Mass Effect 3 story have anything to do with data collection and reporting? Now you're just spouting nonsense.

BioWare lied about Mass Effect 3.  There's documented evidence of this.

32 minutes ago, UTJeff said:

BioWare lied about Mass Effect 3.  There's documented evidence of this.

But what possible reason would they have to fake data on player choices? And you still haven't answered why their mischaracterization of the ending means all of those stats were faked.

• Like 2

I am not sure people realize how close the video game industry & film industry have become :

VFX

Animation

Cinematics

Pre-viz

Musicians

Writers

Actors

I remember how Robert Zemeckis talked about his VFX crew on The Flight : " the video games guys".

Edited by The Futurist

3 hours ago, 4815162342 said:

But what possible reason would they have to fake data on player choices? And you still haven't answered why their mischaracterization of the ending means all of those stats were faked.

If they lied about that, it's easy for them to lie about player stats and data.  

People, seriously:

WHEN YOU GOT SOMETHING GOOD (Prince of Persia) - TAKE IT!! YOU MISS IT, BECAUSE YOU THINK YOU'RE TOO GOOD FOR IT - AND YOU MAY WELL END UP ALONE FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE, AND NEVER FIND ANYTHING EVEN REMOTELY AS GOOD AS YOU ALREADY HAD.

Piece of existential interpersonal wisdom from the wise old Shay.

Edited by shayhiri

10 hours ago, Blankments said:

Final predicts:

DOM: 38M

WW: 234M

A month ago, if you had told me Ass Creed made around 10 million less than Warcraft in DOM, I would have totally called you out for being a maniac.  For Warcraft, they had absolutely no STAR. For Ass Creed, they at least had a bunch of respectable stars...  I cannot believe it is really happening. 2016 is just stupidly full of surprises. 

18 minutes ago, WeneedtotalkaboutKevin said:

A month ago, if you had told me Ass Creed made around 10 million less than Warcraft in DOM, I would have totally called you out for being a maniac.  For Warcraft, they had absolutely no STAR. For Ass Creed, they at least had a bunch of respectable stars...  I cannot believe it is really happening. 2016 is just stupidly full of surprises. 

It is gonna be at 38M after Sunday. It should outgross Warcraft, even if barely.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, shayhiri said:

People, seriously:

WHEN YOU GOT SOMETHING GOOD (Prince of Persia) - TAKE IT!! YOU MISS IT, BECAUSE YOU THINK YOU'RE TOO GOOD FOR IT - AND YOU MAY WELL END UP ALONE FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE, AND NEVER FIND ANYTHING EVEN REMOTELY AS GOOD AS YOU ALREADY HAD.

Prince of Persia IMHO wasn't that good, but if you like it more power to you.

2 hours ago, shayhiri said:

People, seriously:

This also applies for girlfriends and boyfriends.

Edited by shayhiri

Terrible movie!!! So many things wrong with it, I can't bother putting them in words - but the fact that there are just THREE FUCKING SCENES in the past destine this shit to shameful death and eternity of ridicule.

The Shay once again was right. Prince of Persia is 100 times better than any "comparable" movie!! And I said all that - and how much abysmal failures like Warcraft and AssCreed were gonna bomb - as early as the START of 2016!!

Edited by shayhiri

3 minutes ago, shayhiri said:

Terrible movie!!! So many things wrong with it, I can't bother putting them in words - but the fact that there are just THREE FUCKING SCENES in the past destine this shit to shameful death and and eternity of ridicule.

The Shay once again was right. Prince of Persia is 100 times better than any "comparable" movie!! And I said all that - and how much abysmal failures like Warcraft and AssCreed were gonna bomb - as early as the START of 2016!!

Honey, Warcraft and Angry Birds both beat Prince of Persia.