A Marvel Fanboy

Assassin's Creed | 12/21/2016 | Michael Fassbender, Marion Cotillard | Final Trailer on Page 71

6 hours ago, Jay Hollywood said:

HOLY SHIT. This movie was beyond a piece of shit. Its astonishing how much of a incoherent lifeless bore, with a terrible score and sound mixing/design even. Ugh just awful, they seemed clueless. Almost ID4 Resurgence level bad I thought. So many poor decisions. Two walk outs in my showing too, which was actually pretty full. 

I saw it with a huge gamer friend of mine and he hated to just as much as me. 

I had already warned months ago.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TimmyRiggins said:

Terrible score and sound mixing/design? LOL, it's the complete opposite. 

I kinda review it, so light spoilers

Spoiler

My buddy I watched it with was a composer and we both agreed its probably the worst soundtrack to a movie we have ever seen. We tore it about for 10 minutes after. The music is BORING and never changes. No beats, its not a movie score. They run, they fight, they are the roof, the jump the ground, yet the music at no point ever changes. The same beat plays over the whole 10 minute action scene at the same tempo. You know You play a tune, oh no he's jumping, lands on ground, music is similar but switches get more intense, that never happens. IT never evolves. 

There is also NOT ONE GOAL for any action scene. There are no real Beats within the action. Its runaway from nameless villains and get an apple all 3 times. No one, get here before this happens, or has escape the room from 3 goons only using X. We need to get this to get the to get this, we have X amount of time to accomplish this, non of that. 

The whole movie is a LOL. The bitch who fights with him back in time, we never even get her name, I have no fucking idea who she was. The whole crew of other assassins was beyond pointless. I honestly did not even Giggle one time ether, BvS was about 10x funnier than this movie too.  

I can honestly say this is easily the most confused I've ever been waling out of a movie. Ive never seen a blockbuster explain less. This is a movie. You tell me that my lead character IS NOT in control of his actions in the past. WELL THER GOES THE STAKES. Its a different character. Then somehow without ever really explaining it, he learns to actually control all his ancestry past!? IDK! 

And all the action was garbage. It intercuts with him fighting air. LIKE THE FINAL BLOW TO THE BAD GUY AND IT CUTS TO HIM STABBING AIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Also example of lazy filmmaking to me, we start all 3 past scenes with the same opening sequence of shot styles all 3 times ( He probably thought it was cleaver) . CHANGE IT UP BRO! 

Edited by Jay Hollywood
  • Like 9

What the fuck was that drek ?

I agree 100% with Jay s review.

What a freaking mess of a movie.

When you roll your eyes at the text that introcuces a movie

Spoiler

( the apple of eden that holds free will wut   ?)

you know you re in for a ride.

I watched this fighting to not fall asleep, it was amazingly dull, the plot is over complicated for nothing and Fassbender should just stop at trying to be leading man in big movies & I say that as a huuuuge fan of his.

Unless Europe & USA have different cuts, the movie lasts 100-101 minutes with 15 (!!!) minutes of credit, yup you read me correct. 

Fighting scenes were whatever & the director & DP have a weird boner for over stylized lighting.

I enjoyed Monster Trucks way more than this.

Go see Rogue1 again instead or try Passengers, this thing was bloody awful.

P.S :again agrees with everything Jay says. Music was appalling & grating.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Jay Hollywood said:

Spoiler

My buddy I watched it with was a composer and we both agreed its probably the worst soundtrack to a movie we have ever seen. We tore it about for 10 minutes after. The music is BORING and never changes. No beats, its not a movie score. They run, they fight, they are the roof, the jump the ground, yet the music at no point ever changes. The same beat plays over the whole 10 minute action scene at the same tempo. You know You play a tune, oh no he's jumping, lands on ground, music is similar but switches get more intense, that never happens. IT never evolves. 

There is also NOT ONE GOAL for any action scene. There are no real Beats within the action. Its runaway from nameless villains and get an apple all 3 times. No one, get here before this happens, or has escape the room from 3 goons only using X. We need to get this to get the to get this, we have X amount of time to accomplish this, non of that. 

The whole movie is a LOL. The bitch who fights with him back in time, we never even get her name, I have no fucking idea who she was. The whole crew of other assassins was beyond pointless. I honestly did not even Giggle one time ether, BvS was about 10x funnier than this movie too.  

I can honestly say this is easily the most confused I've ever been waling out of a movie. Ive never seen a blockbuster explain less. This is a movie. You tell me that my lead character IS NOT in control of his actions in the past. WELL THER GOES THE STAKES. Its a different character. Then somehow without ever really explaining it, he learns to actually control all his ancestry past!? IDK! 

Also example of lazy filmmaking to me, we start all 3 past scenes with the same opening sequence of shot styles all 3 times ( He probably thought it was cleaver) . CHANGE IT UP BRO! 

Thanks for describing what was bad about it so well. I clearly don't need to see this movie.

Edited by JennaJ
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

What the fuck was that drek ?

I agree 100% with Jay s review.

What a freaking mess of a movie.

When you roll your eyes at the text that introcuces a movie

Reveal hidden contents

you know you re in for a ride.

I watched this fighting to not fall asleep, it was amazingly dull, the plot is over complicated for nothing and Fassbender should just stop at trying to be leading man in big movies & I say that as a huuuuge fan of his.

Unless Europe & USA have different cuts, the movie lasts 100-101 minutes with 15 (!!!) minutes of credit, yup you read me correct. 

Fighting scenes were whatever & the director & DP have a weird boner for over stylized lighting.

I enjoyed Monster Trucks way more than this.

Go see Rogue1 again instead or try Passengers, this thing was bloody awful.

P.S :again agrees with everything Jay says. Music was appalling & grating.

Tell more about Monster Trucks

• Like 2

3 hours ago, shayhiri said:

And so the Shay was right ONCE AGAIN. Prince of Persia is still the biggest - and best! - VG movie!! After the fiascos of the "big hopes" this year: Angry Birds, Warcraft - and now Assassins Creed. No one can do it better than Jerry Bruckheimer.

Lol.  Prince of Persia got beat DOM (Angry Birds) and Int/WW (Warcraft) this year.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jay Hollywood said:

I kinda review it, so light spoilers

Hide contents

I can honestly say this is easily the most confused I've ever been waling out of a movie. Ive never seen a blockbuster explain less. This is a movie. You tell me that my lead character IS NOT in control of his actions in the past. WELL THER GOES THE STAKES. Its a different character. Then somehow without ever really explaining it, he learns to actually control all his ancestry past!? IDK! 

And all the action was garbage. It intercuts with him fighting air. LIKE THE FINAL BLOW TO THE BAD GUY AND IT CUTS TO HIM STABBING AIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

If there's one constant praise for the film among cinephiles, its Jed's score. I'm not sure what you were listening to but the differents tracks do evolve and make ample use of percussive drums. The music from the past and present contrast for the most part and then merge towards the end. In a lot of ways, It's very reminiscent of Macbeth. 

It's among the best scores this year. I recommend a Spotify listen 

People always hear bad score and think bad music. Not the case. Not what I mean, not what I ever mean. 

It looks and sounds like when you watch the movie they edited the whole film then threw an already finished track over it. It doesn't seem or feel composed to the actual film and its beats. I also found it toneally dull. Not much variety in terms of energy. It was very strange.