A Marvel Fanboy

Assassin's Creed | 12/21/2016 | Michael Fassbender, Marion Cotillard | Final Trailer on Page 71

Passengers and Assassin's Creed look like two self-sacrificing dumpster fires that are about to burn themselves to the ground just to glorify the holy reign of Rogue One. And, Sing is singing out loud while watching this shitshow. 

Edited by WeneedtotalkaboutKevin
typo

3 minutes ago, WeneedtotalkaboutKevin said:

Passengers and Assassin's Creed look like two self-sacrificing dumpster fires that are about to burn themselves to the ground just to glorify the holy reign of Rogue One. And, Sing is singing out loud while watching this shitshow. 

Sing will be the big winner of next weekend.

8 minutes ago, WeneedtotalkaboutKevin said:

The "battle" between AC and P-turd will be interesting to watch. Which one will gross more? The big shiny Sci Fi turkey with the two vacant movie stars or the big shiny video game turkey with the two non-movie stars? I think the results will be surprising...

Dude, so many critics go into videogame adaptations with their minds made up. That Time magazine review is not only stupid, it's just snarky as hell. It boils down to "lol dude, it's so dumb"

If the script really is weak, at the very least, we'll get great visuals, action & good performances. 

Edited by TimmyRiggins
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, TimmyRiggins said:

Dude, so many critics go into videogame adaptations with their minds made up. That Time magazine review is not only stupid, it's just snarky as hell. It boils down to "lol dude, it's so dumb"

If the script really is weak, at the very least, we'll get great visuals, action & good performances. 

Yeah I hope still for an entertaining movie. Still disappointed though it looks like things just couldn't fall into place 

• Like 1

Funny though how the embargo breakers are always the negative to mixed ones, I guess they just can't wait to rip it to shreds. 

I just hope it does well enough for a sequel, but that's going to be tough. I wonder if that 140 min running time we see around is actually the main cut before it went down to 102 min, could be the good ole studio interference. I'm seeing it on Wednesday, anyone else seeing it before? 

Edited by TimmyRiggins

1 minute ago, TimmyRiggins said:

Funny though how the embargo breakers are always the negative to mixed ones, I guess they just can't wait to rip it to shreds. 

Deadline broke embargo for Rogue One and their review was glowing.  So it's not ALWAYS the case.

28 minutes ago, TimmyRiggins said:

How are you any different?  It seems your mind has been made up as well for this.  

• Like 1

How am I different? My "bias" doesn't work against the movie, condemning it from the get go. The last trailer is quite strong, the cinematography looks fantastic, I think everyone can agree on that, the action looks very well put together, production design, visuals, etc, all looks good. If it falters, it'll be on the script side, and story is just everything, film could still end up solid enough, but a bit undercooked, that happens.