The Dark Knight Rises

230 members have voted

1. 1. Grade The Dark Knight Rises

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

The Dark Knight Rises3:05PMAbout 80% full (later showings were sold out)I lucked out-NO TRAILERS! Really the projector went out (thought I was going to have a repeat of The Avengers), same guy that came during the Avengers comes to our screen and goes "Don't worry it be back in 2 minutes" (about 5 to 10 minutes after it should of started)WB logo shows up and claps (so instead of 30 minutes of trailers it jumps to the movie yay!)Movie: Okay where to start. Amazing film. Hardy should be nominated, along with ANOTHER Tom made a great villian this year. Anne Hathaway should be best actress. And ME-OW she is hot ;) Love the music even if it sounded just like Pirates at times (nothing wrong with that). Script was well written. Can't decide if this is better then Avengers or not. Actually it was but Avengers was more fun. So yeah. And I kept on going "Tom Hardy sounds like Patrick Stewart. Oh wait he did play the EVIL Picard" I wont give away anything. Just see it.A+

The Dark Knight Rises3:05PMAbout 80% full (later showings were sold out)I lucked out-NO TRAILERS! Really the projector went out (thought I was going to have a repeat of The Avengers), same guy that came during the Avengers comes to our screen and goes "Don't worry it be back in 2 minutes" (about 5 to 10 minutes after it should of started)WB logo shows up and claps (so instead of 30 minutes of trailers it jumps to the movie yay!)Movie: Okay where to start. Amazing film. Hardy should be nominated, along with ANOTHER Tom made a great villian this year. Anne Hathaway should be best actress. And ME-OW she is hot ;) Love the music even if it sounded just like Pirates at times (nothing wrong with that). Script was well written. Can't decide if this is better then Avengers or not. Actually it was but Avengers was more fun. So yeah. And I kept on going "Tom Hardy sounds like Patrick Stewart. Oh wait he did play the EVIL Picard" I wont give away anything. Just see it.A+

How was the audience reaction?

Movie: Okay where to start. Amazing film. Hardy should be nominated

Really? He wasn't anything special. He wasn't even 1/4 as good as Heath Ledger. There wasn't anything memorable about Bane, except for the fact that he was hard to understand. The Joker just saying "Hi", was way better than anything Bane said. Edited by A Dark Knight
  • Like 4

He didn't really shoot the crook. He was just trying to intimidate the others into talking. Oh yeah, I completely forgot about the blood transfusion. Who was the guy in the body bag and who was he receiving the blood from and why? I barely remember that part.

The guy in the body bag was a decoy for the Russian scientist. He was receiving blood so that the blood on his clothes, and etc. would test positive as the scientist's. I think.

The biggest plot hole for me was Wayne's knee. Didn't he need a cane to walk in the beginning of the film, so how did he get the cartilage for his knee again?Besides that I haven't had any issues. The blood transfusion part confused me till what riczhang said.

The guy in the body bag was a decoy for the Russian scientist. He was receiving blood so that the blood on his clothes, and etc. would test positive as the scientist's. I think.

That makes sense. Although that whole sub plot/story line was stupid.

The biggest plot hole for me was Wayne's knee. Didn't he need a cane to walk in the beginning of the film, so how did he get the cartilage for his knee again?Besides that I haven't had any issues. The blood transfusion part confused me till what riczhang said.

Remember, Bruce put that metal device on his knee/leg, whatever it was. Then he was able to kick part of that brick wall and I guess he was back to normal.

It was brilliant, but I have to say that it's the Return of the Jedi to TDK's Empire Strikes Back. The span of the movie over several months eliminated the tension and cohesion that TDK had in bunches. Joker always felt scarier, and Dent's story line was more poignant than Talia's. Plus, nothing can top Gordon's ending monologue from TDK. That is the perfect ending. All of that aside, I still loved almost every minute of it. Caine and Gordon Levitt gave Oscar quality performances in this. Bane was badass, menacing, and incredibly watchable. Hathaway gave a standout performance, and Bale was typically brilliant. The twist, the death, the Robin, and the ending all got big reactions. Great score.4.5/5. Best movie of 2012 thus far.

• Like 2

I almost expected my audience to cheer when hat guy appeared, but alas, they did not.

I was disapointed he didn't appear again :( :PI did pretty much figure the ending that he was not dead.

This... I wouldn't have gotten that. I loved that they called him Robin. The crowd gasped, cheered, laughed etc. great surprise.

I don't understand how people wouldn't have understood that he was supposed to be Robin. Dick Greyson seems like a name that everyone would know....I could have gone without the name Robin. Dick Greyson would have been fine because it could lead to either him being Robin OR Nightwing.

Also, how the fuck was Wayne still alive? I mean, I was too relieved to care, but they really didn't leave much room for theories. They had an obvious one in eject/autopilot, but that was specifically debunked as a nonoption. I'm comparing this to Inception for the time being. Not perfect by any means, and big and complicated, ambitious as all hell, but most importantly, enough of a unique experience to make up for it. Inception, however, was a movie that got less effective with multiple viewings. It'll be interesting to see what happens here.

I don't understand how people wouldn't have understood that he was supposed to be Robin. Dick Greyson seems like a name that everyone would know....I could have gone without the name Robin. Dick Greyson would have been fine because it could lead to either him being Robin OR Nightwing.

People would have at least known that Dick Grayson was somebody important, and found out it was Robin/Nightwing. Calling him Robin makes it confusing to the plenty of people who know that Robin isn't Robin's real name.

I have very mixed feelings about this film, unfortunately. Selina Kyle is the best executed character in the entire trilogy. Right up there with Joker. Anne was immensely magnetic whenever she was on screen. By far the best Catwoman adaptation and puts Pfeiffer to shame. Bane was very underwhelming. He has two great fights with Bruce, but he's very unintelligible half of the time. His presence in the film just seemed to fade as it went along. So Selina kills Bane by blowing him up. I'm not sure what to think of that. The problem was that it didn't linger to even make us assume he died. I have no problem with Talia whatsoever. In fact, her reveal added a much needed energy boost. Marion played her very well. What I loathed, though, was her death scene. I almost chuckled. What a shame. Nolan should have used another cut. JGL was enjoyable, and his reveal at the end took me by surprise. As charismatic as he is, they focused too much on him.I realized this film was in trouble when I looked at my watch and was gobsmacked only an hour had passed when I felt it was two. The film was far too bloated. Now...the last five minutes are insane. I got goosebumps all over my body when Batman died. But, I simply do not get what happened at the end. Was it Alfred dreaming? How on earth would Batman survive?

• Like 1

I have very mixed feelings about this film, unfortunately. Selina Kyle is the best executed character in the entire trilogy. Right up there with Joker. Anne was immensely magnetic whenever she was on screen. By far the best Catwoman adaptation and puts Pfeiffer to shame.Bane was very underwhelming. He has two great fights with Bruce, but he's very unintelligible half of the time. His presence in the film just seemed to fade as it went along. So Selina kills Bane by blowing him up. I'm not sure what to think of that. The problem was that it didn't linger to even make us assume he died.I have no problem with Talia whatsoever. In fact, her reveal added a much needed energy boost. Marion played her very well. What I loathed, though, was her death scene. I almost chuckled. What a shame. Nolan should have used another cut. JGL was enjoyable, and his reveal at the end took me by surprise. As charismatic as he is, they focused too much on him.I realized this film was in trouble when I looked at my watch and was gobsmacked only an hour had passed when I felt it was two. The film was far too bloated.Now...the last five minutes are insane. I got goosebumps all over my body when Batman died. But, I simply do not get what happened at the end. Was it Alfred dreaming? How on earth would Batman survive?

Bruce has fixed the auto pilot that Lucious said had been a problem on the bat. He probably ejected himself quite soon after he got over the water.The more i think about the film the less i like it. Bane got less interesting as time went on and i hated the way he went out.
  • Like 1