230 members have voted

1. 1. Grade The Dark Knight Rises

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

You guys are ruining the movie for me, lol

I gave it an A and placed it equal to TDK, I just laughed at that part because of the infamous "WhARRE ARE DEY?!!" line from the TDK interrogation scene. Otherwise I absolutely adored the film.

I respect your opinion. I heard a lot of people praise the film, so you are obviously not alone.

Yeah, I always find it surprising when people I respect end up having the exact opposite reaction to a movie than me. Personally, I think you guys just fell into a wormhole and somehow saw an alternate-reality TDKR that sucked. :P
  • Like 2

Someone ruined the ending to Titanic for me. :(:P

cameron`s bully antics on Titanic set make me laugh every time I watch sinking scenes. Because, according to various reports, extras started to scream the moment he showed up on the set to resume his duries. :rofl: :rofl: I just can`t get over that.

I'm about to find out in two hours. Fingers crossed. I fear I won't be able to get fishnet's version of the script out of my head though :lol:

Fishnets isn't exactly known for her intellectual criticism given her history. I haven't seen TDKR yet so I can't really add, but don't go into the movie with messed up expectations based on what some idiot is spamming on the internet. I haven't put her on ignore because her posting is actually enjoyable. I may or may not see this later this week because I'm not a Bat Boy, but people that are really hyped up for certain films shouldn't be reading forums like this prior to watching. Edited by Shpongle

Fishnets isn't exactly known for her intellectual criticism given her history. I haven't seen TDKR yet so I can't really add, but don't go into the movie with messed up expectations based on what some idiot is spamming on the internet. I haven't put her on ignore because her posting is actually enjoyable. I may or may not see this later this week because I'm not a Bat Boy, but people that are really hyped up for certain films shouldn't be reading forums like this prior to watching.

Yeah, I'm the same way, this will be my second time. I avoid reviews like the plague before I see something I'm looking forward to.

I thought it was great. 165 minutes that just flew by. Christian Bale was really great in this, but the MVP was definitely Anne Hathaway, she's no Michelle Pfeiffer, but still awesome.BTW, probably Wallly Pfister best work here. Too many awesome shots.

LOL cute. That's hilarious. Anne Hathaway beat the living shit out of Michelle Pfeiffer. They both stole the show in their films, but one is infinitely more impressive (Hathaway) because of a much more talented cast than the other.
  • Like 1

I have yet to see TDKR as I'm waiting until August 5th so I could take my Dad for his birthday. From the reviews I have read the consensus seems to be that while TDKR is really good, it is not as good as BB or TDK. Would that be what everyone here would agree on? (I'm trying to see how high my expectations should be).

• Like 1

I have yet to see TDKR as I'm waiting until August 5th so I could take my Dad for his birthday. From the reviews I have read the consensus seems to be that while TDKR is really good, it is not as good as BB or TDK. Would that be what everyone here would agree on? (I'm trying to see how high my expectations should be).

People are all over the map. Probably the majority would put it above BB but below TDK. I think it's the best of the trilogy, and there are others who like BB the most.I think one way of describing it is as a BB-esque story and approach, but with TDK's huge scale and style.
  • Like 2

No, that's not the consensus.Some think it's the best. Some think it's the worst.I need to view it one more time before reviewing it properly, but it's definitely a more ambitious film than BB/TDK.

My theory going into the film was that Blake would be given the keys to Batman at the end (yeah that was a pretty common assumption I know) but I believed it would turn out that Blake's name would really be Terry McGinnis, the protagonist of the Batman Beyond TV series.If Nolan had gone that route it certainly would have made WB execs have an easier time figuring out to do with Batman now that Nolan's trilogy is done. But the "Robin" line was a nice touch though a few people in the theater groaned when they heard it.As for the film, it was good, lesser than BB (IMO the best) and I'm not sure how it stands compared to TDK though it more likely than not will end up as the least of the three because of the problems I have with the antagonists and their plot for Gotham.