The Dark Knight Rises

230 members have voted

1. 1. Grade The Dark Knight Rises

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Well, I'm glad I wasn't following the production closely! :lol: That's exactly the sort of small detail that gives a lot of satisfaction if you don't know it's coming.I remember hearing about Jackson in FIRST CLASS, but by the time I got around to seeing it, I had totally forgotten, fortunately.

• Like 2

Saw it a 2nd time, liked it a bit better, but not much. It made more sense this time around and the ending resonated with me much more. But I still have the same problems with the plot and the story as before. That doesn't get any better with a 2nd viewing.Originally 6/10Thought maybe 7.5/10Settled on 7/10

It's in a deleted scene. Bane and Alfred just ran into each other at a Walmart and got talking.

Nah during Bruce 33 birthday party. Bruce got drunk and slept with Bane. Bane got up early started to talk to alfred. Bruce was going to call Bane but never did so Bane wanted to burn Gotham down. Epic love story imo.Everybody knows Bruce is gay just look how ugly Rachel is. Bruce did a bad job of hiding in closet.

Ok thoughts after second showing:I've decided I'm ok with the flaws. It didn't feel like a trainwreck the second time around, the way I thought it would- especially considering my heightened awareness of the weaknesses in the film. Yes it's overlong and at times a bit bloated and nonsensical, but I'm satisfied with the sum of its parts. Probably my biggest annoyance is the wonky sense of time in the plot. I love the ending. I love Catwoman. I love the focus on Bruce. And I think I exaggerated Bane's neutering. YES he is ultimately a toss-away character at the end but only after 2 hours of dominance. As good of a payoff it is for Catwoman, Bane does deserve a better death scene but as far as his demotion to henchman- I'm fine with it. Talia was pulling the strings the whole time and it's easier to notice she was in charge when watching it back (posturing into Wayne Enterprises, tipping off Bane for the truck recon, CIA meetup etc). Her death scene was not that bad. I thought her acting was great after she knifed Batman. After first viewing I was a little annoyed that they "pussied out" and let Bruce live, but that payoff shot at the end is worth it. It's obvious at all but you're happy that he's found some peace and is able to leave Batman behind.

• Like 1

Joker in Crane's role could have been hilarious.

That would have made no sense since The Joker would not participate in an martial law ordering of Gotham but instead instill his own brand of anarchy against such a "court.". No, The Joker and Bane could not coexist in this film because if the Joker was given an inch of freedom he'd have found a way to fuck things up for everyone. He'd have found a way to push things so that the nuke would've been detonated somehow long before Batman got out of prison. Remember that the entire point of the Joker is to fuck with "schemers" and everything about Bane screams scheme so the Joker would do everything he could to fuck around with it.As for where the character is during the film, he's probably locked up in the most secure insane asylum or supermax in the country (something that per se means not in Gotham, given how easily Gotham prisons and asylums are messed with). Edited by 4815162342

When Lucius is with the tech guys at the end discussing the auto-pilot, the tech say that it's been fixed. Wasn't the Bat destroyed in the nuclear explosion? How did it survive? Am I missing something?

There were multiple 'Bats' somewhere and Bruce had applied a software patch to all of em' to fix the autopilot. I'm pretty sure the 'Bat' you see in that last scene was not the same color as the one Batman used, it was grayer. Edited by MrPink