The Dark Knight Rises

230 members have voted

1. 1. Grade The Dark Knight Rises

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Great scene/dialogue, and when batman says "Maybe the knife was too slow" right after she pushes the button had me laughing afterwards.

Bruce sure knows how to get on people's nerves... even with a ticking atom bomb looming.

Another great scene is with Gordon and Batman at the end with the flashback of Gordon putting the coat around young Bruce. That teared me up.

My favorite batman and Gordon scene.

Bruce sure knows how to get on people's nerves... even with a ticking atom bomb looming.

But does he really? Here we are, climactic battle coming up, and Bane says, "Oh so you've come back to die with your city!"

And Batman's best comeback was 'No...I came back to stop YOU!'

If only he knew about Talia, because at that point, he could have said, "No...I came back to screw Talia." That would send Bane into a real frenzy.

Posted Image

Weren't you bored by the movie first time around Noctis?

Yeah, plus I didn't agree with a few decisions Nolan made. But I ended up loving it after my second viewing. I still think it's a little too long, but Selina, Bane, and Talia are the best characters in the series.

My feeling on the length is conflicted. On one hand, it definitely needed to be longer because you can tell they chopped quite a bit out of it. On the other hand, it was already really long at 165 minutes. Best solution probably would have been to split it into two films and flesh out each film.

Hell no.
  • Like 1

I gave it a B. What I liked, anything with Blake, Gordon, Selina and Bane, and a bonus from Scarecrow.Action and the drama was great, the rising of Robin was my favorite storyline. And the comedy was actually funny for once, usually I find Nolan's comedy delivery to be more of a miss than a hit, minus anything The Joker was in.What I didn't like, the plot behind the siege, I thought it was stupid, and one of the reasons why i don't care for Batman Begins. I still don't care for Bale's Batman, and got board real quick when it was just him on screen, and I didn't buy the Talia story either, seems forced just to throw in a ridiculous twist. I think the movie would have fared better if it was straight and streamlined, it didn't need the twists, and I found the twists to over the top anyways.

I do think some criticisms are valid and makes perfect sense. But the only thing I don't get is people complaining and saying talia and her twist were forced and dumb. This film's plot WORKS because of Talia.Batman/Gordon scene is one of my favorite batman scenes in all the medium. That was truly an awesome scene, and really paid off, especially when I did the marathon of the trilogy. Just awesome.

Here's a question Talia was the child who climbed out of the prison and Bane her protector. So he was older yet when she was grown they seemed to be close in age. It's not really a nitpick just an observation.

My feeling on the length is conflicted. On one hand, it definitely needed to be longer because you can tell they chopped quite a bit out of it. On the other hand, it was already really long at 165 minutes. Best solution probably would have been to split it into two films and flesh out each film.

I would say no, but they've done it with far less deserving films, cough DH1-2, cough.