The Dark Knight Rises

230 members have voted

1. 1. Grade The Dark Knight Rises

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

I thought the actual reveal was contrived. They should have said Dick Grayson instead of spitting out the word Robin.

Only the midnight crowd would've gotten it. Most people wouldn't know who Dick Grayson is.
  • Like 2

As for the whole "Robin" drama, I just think it's funny cause in 2008 Bale and Nolan stressed that "Robin will never be in this series". Looks like WB had the final say. JGL looks so boyish that it works, you almost felt like this was an origin story for Robin. I just felt the ending didn't really end anything but left it open. As if there is going to be a part 4.

• Like 1

So I liked it, but I'm not sure I loved it just yet.First off, it was WAY too long. Honestly, by the final act, my bum was so sore I just wanted to stand up and stretch. And I don't where all this 'the final half hour is incredible' talk is coming from. There were parts of the film that were pretty amazing, but they were evenly spread throughout in my opinion.I did absolutely love catwoman which I was extremely pleased about because she was probably my most anticipated character portrayal in the film. She owned every scene she was in. Bane was good, but I just couldn't help but feel disappointed in light of the joker. I couldn't understand what he was saying half the time either which was rather annoying.The score rocked. Some people may not like Hans Zimmer's style but I totally dig it.The action sequence were absolutely top notch, but the film was sort of jumbled. Jumped around a lot and didn't really follow a coherent storyline. So, I don't know where my heads at right now. I'm really still trying to process the movie, but I can say that I do feel satisfied that it's a great ending to a fantastic trilogy, even if right now, I feel it was the weakest of the three. But that could all change.... As for the ending. I actually loved it, as cliche as it was.No idea what grade to award it at the present time.

Edited by Heretic

As soon as Talia was revealed, I felt like Bane was a brutish merc henchmanswho was there to support Talia. His death was easily a low point for me.And it should have been Dick or even Richard Grayson that was revealed as his real name if he is indeed Robin. Because Robin was NEVER Robin's name.

With regards to Talia. If your aware of the existence of the character of course you'll be sitting in your seat waiting for the big reveal. However, probably most people who haven't read the comics, myself included, would not have expected it. Up to that point the film gives no indication of anyone above Bane. The events with Bruce in the prison give every impression that the child was Bane.

As someone said, using the 'Dick Grayson' name would have flown over the heads of most of the audience. And if it does then it's pointless in the first place. I took it in the humorous nod as I'm guessing it was intended. The bigger thing was of course that he continues the legacy of Batman in some form - what form that is remains totally up to the viewer. Nolan recently said the defining scene of the trilogy was all the way back in Begins when Brice explains to Alfred why he wants to become Batman. With that last shot it's easy to see why.PS - I'd agree that Bane's departure was too abrupt. I know it's hard for writers to think of ways to kill off villains without breaking Batman's rule, but that probably could have been better.

With regards to Talia. If your aware of the existence of the character of course you'll be sitting in your seat waiting for the big reveal. However, probably most people who haven't read the comics, myself included, would not have expected it. Up to that point the film gives no indication of anyone above Bane. The events with Bruce in the prison give every impression that the child was Bane.

My theater was definitely shocked when she stabbed Bruce. Not sure it was worth it for her to be in the movie all the same, though.

I don't know what to say. I loved a lot of it. I loved a lot of it a lot. So why did I walk out disappointed?

Cause you saw it only once. I loved BB so when I saw TDK I was,like, OK, good but that`s it? And than I saw it again and OMG the epiphany I bought the ticket for the next show right away. So i`m seeing TDKR twice. Tomorrow and on Tuesday.

Just got back from seeing Rises. I'm a Nolan fan....I think TDK was a near perfect film and I really enjoyed Inception. But I think he lost his way a bit in this latest outing. Rises seemed like a check box film to me...Bane has to break his back (Check)...introduce Robin (Check) etc. and while it succeeds at filling out its checklist it ends up being way too bloated because of it.I just think Nolan got tired of Batman and ran out of ideas after the last film. This movie is paint by numbers IMO and some of is just ridiculous (they way the heal Batman's back is one such moment). Bane is just there to be scary, and the backstory they give him later in the film falls flat. The attempt to tie him and the main 'villian scheme' back into the first film is done in a hamfisted way and the action scenes are boring (Very small scale compared to the previous film). And don't get me started on all of the exposition...really jarring at the beginning of the film when Selina Kyle and Bane are immediately household names on everyone's lips with no mystery surrounding them and how very little detective work got our heroes to that level.Normally I'd provide more details, but the movie just seemed so blah to me so very little stuck in my mind. C+ at best....

That's kinda what happened to me aswell. I think it was just too long.For a lot of the middle part it dragged. I'm gonna see it again soon, and hopefully I'll love it this time round. It's happened with a lot films before.

That death scene was quite bad, a stark contrast to how incredible her death scene was in Inception. HOWEVER, I thought Cotillard was fine outside of that scene in TDKR.

I haven`t see the movie yet but I guess that Inception death scene was great because it was the key moment to understand where Dom Cobb is coming from. Mal didn`t have much screen time but presence was felt and she was pivotal for understanding her husband`s motivation. In TDKR, Talia seems like a throwaway reference based on what people are saying. So I guess death scene didn`t get too much attention from scribes because other stuff was deemed more imprortant. Edited by fishnets

Compared to Bane's though? After all he does, after all he put Bruce through, after what he put Gotham through, he gets blown away and that's it? I thought that was a pathetic death scene.

This happens because Bane is just in the film to justify the title (Batman has to 'fall' before he 'rises' right?) and is pretty much a cardboard cut out otherwise. And while I got used to it after awhile his voice at the beginning was very jarring....seemed more like a voice from the heavens rather that something from the mask he was wearing.