The Dark Knight Rises

230 members have voted

1. 1. Grade The Dark Knight Rises

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

It's a good film, but it really doesn't hold up as well as Nolan's other films. I almost prefer some of his smaller scale films to his bigger blockbusters. Still, it's not widely disliked, so I'm not sure why people go out of their way to say how good it is.

Edited by Spaghetti

People can individually think that The Dark Knight rises was a mediocre or even outright awful movie. We all have our particular tastes and a movie is not going to click with everyone. Yet from every measurement that we have, TDKR was a success both from a critic and public point of views. Can we at least agree on that before this thread hits 100 pages?

Yes. That still doesn't make the film's supporters more 'right' when discussing the film, thus it's a virtually pointless measurement. When you want to have a discussion about what works/doesn't work in TDKR then go ahead and ask someone, I don't care enough to talk about it anymore.

People can individually think that The Dark Knight rises was a mediocre or even outright awful movie. We all have our particular tastes and a movie is not going to click with everyone. Yet from every measurement that we have, TDKR was a success both from a critic and public point of views. Can we at least agree on that before this thread hits 100 pages?

I dont think so. After almost 4 years people haven't agreed on that on Avatar yet.

Edited by vc2002

I think I read on another forum and I think this best describes TDKR.

The Dark Knight is like Empire Strikes Back, it will be the film of the franchise and will always be remembered and is like a classic. 

TDKR is like Return of The Jedi, a film with many flaws but nevertheless a great film but more popular with the fanbase. 

• Like 4

I think I read on another forum and I think this best describes TDKR.

The Dark Knight is like Empire Strikes Back, it will be the film of the franchise and will always be remembered and is like a classic. 

TDKR is like Return of The Jedi, a film with many flaws but nevertheless a great film but more popular with the fanbase. 

Ive made this argument to so many friends. 

I think this describes it perfectly. 

• Like 2

Yes. That still doesn't make the film's supporters more 'right' when discussing the film, thus it's a virtually pointless measurement. When you want to have a discussion about what works/doesn't work in TDKR then go ahead and ask someone, I don't care enough to talk about it anymore.

It's pointless when we are talking about your own enjoyment of the film Gopher. It's not pointless if we are talking about the quality of the film as a whole as society sees it.

Edited by Phil in the Riddick