The Dark Knight Rises

230 members have voted

1. 1. Grade The Dark Knight Rises

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Wait, I'm not claiming them to be some masterpiece in film-making, I'm just saying they were better chase scenes than the one in TDKR, which they are. If you can't remember them, especially the Bourne scenes then why are you even commenting on them?

Sigh. Since apparently you can't wrap your head around a very simple concept allow me to explain in a way that perhaps your two-year old mind may understand.

GOOD SCENE (TDKR car chase) = ME REMEMBER BECAUSE GOOD

AVERAGE SCENE (car chases in those movies you mentioned) = ME NOT REMEMBER WELL BECAUSE SO AVERAGE

So there are better chases but that doesn't make them better? Is that what you are trying to say? Actually don't bother answering that, you were clearly dropped on your head as a child so explaining the most simple thing will probably confuse you.

You're accusing me of being dropped on my head when you can't understand a very simple concept? Allow me to spell it out for you again.

ME WATCH FILM A. FILM A HAS GOOD ACTION SCENE. ME RATE FILM A ACTION SCENE 8/10

ME WATCH FILM B. FILM B HAS BETTER ACTION SCENE THAN FILM A. ME RATE FILM B ACTION SCENE 10/10

EVEN AFTER WATCHING FILM B ACTION SCENE, ME STILL RATE FILM A ACTION SCENE 8/10, BECAUSE FILM B'S ACTION SCENE BEING BETTER DOESN'T MAKE FILM A'S ACTION SCENE WORSE.

Now, that may have gotten slightly too complex for your little mind near the end, so I'll try and sum it up more simply. My favourite action scene is the Machete fight from 'The Raid'. That doesn't mean I think all action scenes except the machete fight from the 'The Raid' are bad. Because I don't judge how good an action scene is by comparing it to The Raid. I judge how good an action scene is by.... how good I think it is. You don't need to bring other films into it at all. I'm not going to mark a film down just because another film did the same thing but better, because there are so many films out there, there's almost certainly going to be one better.

Also, try not to insult people or they will insult you back.

Edited by rukaio101
  • Like 1

TDKR also has a man who apparently spends an hour or so painting a building with gasoline so that he can light it up for no reason. It's up there with people in horror movies running up the stairs instead of out the front door.  It just lacks logic.

Actually I remember the action in TDKR more than TA**Okay to be fair TDKR has been on HBO/Cinemax the last few months. I didn't seen the Avengers show until a few months ago on Netflix

Edited by DAR

At least TDKR had much better character moments and well written plot threads than anything Marvel, Stephanie Meyer or Sean S. Cunningham could ever put to paper.

Yeah no. Stephenie Meyer and Sean S. Cunningham I'll give you (sorry Baumer), but TDKR had much worse written plot threads than most Marvel movies (only Iron Man 2 I'd say was as bad) and its character moments really weren't anything to write home about.

Also, despite vastly preferring TDKR to Friday the 13th (the original that is, since it's the only one I've watched), I agree with Baumer that Friday the 13th made a lot more sense.

• Like 2

TDKR also has a man who apparently spends an hour or so painting a building with gasoline so that he can light it up for no reason. It's up there with people in horror movies running up the stairs instead of out the front door.  It just lacks logic.

What else have you got? I mean, since you're saying it lacks logic and shit, this is the only example I've seen you give.

What else have you got? I mean, since you're saying it lacks logic and shit, this is the only example I've seen you give.

Why did they send literally every cop in the Gotham police forces into the tunnel when it was so obviously going to be a trap?

Edited by Jack Nevada
  • Like 2