Fake

Tuesday numbers: TASM 8.5M

This, like Pirates 4, will likely be the highest grossing film of the series WW. I don't see how it is anything but a success for Sony. Plus, they already have Garfield lined up for the next two films at 1 mill and 1.5 mill. That's insane. This is a gigantic success...whether I like it or not.

I'm still totally off on this:

Over 890M?

Nahh

Speak for yourself, not for the general audience and most of all, Spider-Fans. The Amazing Spider-Man is getting excellent WOM and deservedly so. The future looks bright for this new take on the mythos, regardless how you personally feel about it.

The general audience will prove my point emphatically. Do you honestly think there's ANY chance TASM2 will come close to grossing what TDK did?

I don't think it will pass 800m WW. Might just miss it.

That's also what I'm thinking. Looking at WW gross, I believe it is possible TASM will come in dead last among the Spidey franchise. It's still early, though.

Speak for yourself, not for the general audience and most of all, Spider-Fans. The Amazing Spider-Man is getting excellent WOM and deservedly so. The future looks bright for this new take on the mythos, regardless how you personally feel about it.

No, it's not. I will not say it's WOM is toxic but it is damn sure not excellent. If it was excellent the Sunday and Monday numbers would look differently. Today's numbers just proved summer weekdays, nothing more.
  • Like 1

As much as I`d love TASM to beat Shriekapoo somewhere (OS, WW, both), didn`t OST post far more impressive OS numbers at the same time of its release? I mean, TASM numbers are good but I recall OST`s were whopping from the start and kept going.So I don`t see where $890 mio OS is coming from.

Edited by fishnets

Wow, was not expecting that big of an increase. Still has to get about a ~45% second weekend drop to hit $200M by Sunday.

2012 First Tuesday Increases for the top 20 openers (excluding holidays):

Wrath of the Titans: 14.3%

Dark Shadows: 13%

Madagascar 3: 12.8%

The Amazing Spider-Man: 12.5%

21 Jump Street: 11.9%

John Carter: 10.5%

Magic Mike: 8.9%

The Lorax: 5.4%

Snow White and the Huntsman: 3.5%

The Devil Inside: 0.5%

Brave: -0.2%

Ted: -3.2%

Prometheus: -3.9%

The Hunger Games: -4.4%

Think Like A Man: -5%

The Avengers: -6.5%

No, it's not. I will not say it's WOM is toxic but it is damn sure not excellent. If it was excellent the Sunday and Monday numbers would look differently. Today's numbers just proved summer weekdays, nothing more.

Yup, after playing like garbage it was bound to rebound one of these days, why not discount tuesday? And this wasn't unexpected either as I had already pointed out that even utter trash like MIB 2 stayed even.

Wow, was not expecting that big of an increase. Still has to get about a ~45% second weekend drop to hit $200M by Sunday.

2012 First Tuesday Increases for the top 20 openers (excluding holidays):

Wrath of the Titans: 14.3%

Dark Shadows: 13%

Madagascar 3: 12.8%

The Amazing Spider-Man: 12.5%

21 Jump Street: 11.9%

John Carter: 10.5%

Magic Mike: 8.9%

The Lorax: 5.4%

Snow White and the Huntsman: 3.5%

The Devil Inside: 0.5%

Brave: -0.2%

Ted: -3.2%

Prometheus: -3.9%

The Hunger Games: -4.4%

Think Like A Man: -5%

The Avengers: -6.5%

:rofl: That is quite a list you got there.

Worldwide it will pass TDK.

It is possible, but that's not certain by any stretch. TASM2 is a long way off, saying it will eclipse $1B WW with any degree of confidence just isn't realistic. Saying it won't come close to TDK domestically is far less risky.

WackO's responses are very easy to predict aren't they.

Same with yours. TASM = the bestest most amazingest thing ever known to man

Anything remotely critical or even not slobbering like a kid going through puberty is a HATER

• Like 1

WOM is not amazing but certainly not bad. I'd say overall it is good

It has no reason to be either of the extremes. The movie`s OK so WOM can`t be bad or OMG amazing.This is such a funny run cause haters and loonies each have their day for celebration. TASM rises, loonies cheer. TASM overpredicted, drops hard, hater cheer. So much fun.