cheesypoofs

Does the success of Ted make a big screen adaptation of Family Guy more likely?

It seems like a good idea, although historically I guess it's a crap shoot. The Simpsons and South Park did great and good, respectively. But then you also have Batman: MOP and Aqua Teen Hunger Force which didn't. I would like to see it... if for no other reason than to just see Lois naked. :)

Seth might owe Universal another film so the foolish Fox might have to wait. The Famlily Guy doesn't seem to be getting more popular so Fox missed a huge opportunity. The rewards would have been huge while the risk would have been pretty minimal especially considering how much Family Guy has made over the years.

I imagine Fox would like a Family Guy movie but like The Simpsons Movie, it's trying to fit it into an already busy schedule that Seth MacFarlane has with his animated shows and also a plot that can play over 80-90 minutes, I think it should be a musical.

I never really understood all the love for Family Guy. I always thought South Park was infinitely better.*runs away and hides*

They're both terrible now. Family Guy was hysterical for the first 2 seasons and slowly went downhill after it came back. South Park at its peak was probably better.

Did Fox turn down Ted? I doubt Seth would do an FG movie unless he can do it with an R rating, which Fox wouldn't approve of.

I believe Fox has first rights on anything he wants to do. So he would have run Ted pass them first.

• Community Manager

I believe Fox has first rights on anything he wants to do. So he would have run Ted pass them first.

Not necessarily. Fox Television Studios does, but I don't think the contract extends to any feature films.