Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

Are you out of your fucking mind? Do you really think I would make something up about a killing? If it didn't happen for Reloaded, then I am mistaken, not lying. But the point is it did happen, whether for Reloaded, Revolutions or Matrix. I don't owe anyone an apology.

:rolleyes:

Are you out of your fucking mind? Do you really think I would make something up about a killing? If it didn't happen for Reloaded, then I am mistaken, not lying. But the point is it did happen, whether for Reloaded, Revolutions or Matrix. I don't owe anyone an apology.

Well then it can't have been nearly as significant.

Look at redfirebird2008, as big Batman fan on the forums and yet he had reservations regarding going to the movies.

I know a lot of people are just creeped and and saddened by the events. I felt terrible after hearing about it when I came back last night.

Why did you changed your location? :huh:

But you said yourself that killing and massacres happen all the time. By that logic, people might think the same, but spin it into a negative scenario. Instead of thinking, "well, it happens all the time, why should I be scared?" they might think, "well it happens all the time, what if it happens to me in a crowded theater today?" I know the people I've spoken to, and the social media sites I follow, there were quite a few people who changed plans because of the shooting.

I already said it had some effect, just not much. I think it would have gotten 85 without this shooting. But you guys are not taking into consideration how much TDK had going for it and how much this one didnt. My prediction opening weekend was 185-190. I wasn't far off. The shooting will have some effect, no doubt, just not 30 million worth.

WB is going to lose 20-25 Million cause of the Shooting OW. I'm hoping it can make that up cause of the legs but sadly there will be people who won't see the film at all cause they feel the shooting is tied to the movie. The whole situation is just sad.

While I'm sure the shooting had some effect, I don't think that we should just point to our previous outlandish predictions (say, anything over 200m) and claim that the shooting was the entire reason it didn't reach 200m OW. Those predictions were ridiculously high to begin with.Nearly everyone I know who has seen TDKR has loved it. It's going to get a good multiplier, and anyone hesitant to go on opening weekend will catch it down the road.

• Like 3

Why did you update your location to Aurora?

Out of respect for the killings. And FMpro said it would be a good idea.

I already said it had some effect, just not much. I think it would have gotten 85 without this shooting. But you guys are not taking into consideration how much TDK had going for it and how much this one didnt. My prediction opening weekend was 185-190. I wasn't far off. The shooting will have some effect, no doubt, just not 30 million worth.

How do you explain SM3's OW? Was it goodwill from SM2? TDKR undoubtedly had a huge asset in TDK goodwill and that hasn't materialised, and I think it's fair to blame the shooting.
  • Like 1

There is no excuse for this kind of performance. It should have destroyed the Avengers, torn it to pieces.

We don't know that and I doubt it, especially after the midnight number which wouldn't have been affected. It would have been very tough from there. I think it's fair to say that it's had an impact to some degree over the Friday number.

Like I said, the effect of the massacre will linger on this weekend, but people will start watching the film later into its run. I'm positive it will have strong legs.

There is definitely denial coming from you. When the numbers come in for the other movies, and thete aren't significant drops, how will you spin it, then? Heath Ledgers death inflated the interest in the last movie, as did the Joker. Bkb and I tried to tell everyone. It is your own fault if you went all out looney and had no objectivity because they couldn't handle how bad Avengers destroyed the Batman franchise.
  • Like 2

There is no excuse for this kind of performance. It should have destroyed the Avengers, torn it to pieces.

:rofl: :rofl:
  • Like 2

"77.2M is still bloody awful.Only if you had unrealistic expectations." If it was TA opening day it would be great because the midnights were much smaller.It now has to do much better then TDK over the rest of the weekend to get 170-175 million.

There is definitely denial coming from you. When the numbers come in for the other movies, and thete aren't significant drops, how will you spin it, then? Heath Ledgers death inflated the interest in the last movie, as did the Joker. Bkb and I tried to tell everyone. It is your own fault if you went all out looney and had no objectivity because they couldn't handle how bad Avengers destroyed the Batman franchise.

Because it happened at BATMAN...
  • Like 2