Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

I don't think the olympics will hurt, it's just starting next week so nothing really exciting is going to be on the telly. (Olympics-wise)

The olympics will be huge this year. People want to get away from this depressing shooting news.

I agree but sadly a lot of that has to do with the fact it's mostly teenagers that work at Theaters outside of management. I always though theater security was very relaxed which is why so many people sneak in to mulitple shows of films and don't get caught.

They should stop hiring teens that don't give a crap, and get adults that would do their jobs well. -_-

• Founder / Operator

They should stop hiring teens that don't give a crap, and get adults that would do their jobs well. -_-

I'm sure more adults would take jobs at a theater if they paid more than minimum wage to work until midnight and all weekend long.Working at a theater is a crummy job until you get into management (unless you just work the box office) -- that's why its well-suited for teenagers. :lol:

The olympics will be huge this year. People want to get away from this depressing shooting news.

Yeah they will be, I'm still dreading flying into Heathrow next week.

I'm sure more adults would take jobs at a theater if they paid more than minimum wage to work until midnight and all weekend long.Working at a theater is a crummy job until you get into management (unless you just work the box office) -- that's why its well-suited for teenagers. :lol:

You're right of course. :rofl:As long as theaters continue to be cheap, I can't see there being much change...

It was not the shooting affecting the holdovers. A movie made $77.2M on Friday. One did not think that would affect holdovers?

That's what I'm thinking, similar happened when The Avengers opened , hold overs dropped pretty hard ad THG had the best drop though if i recall correctly. I don't think the tragedy has affected box office as much some have claimed. It seems mostly those who predicted TDKR to beat HPDH2 opening day record and TA's weekend record think that's the main culprit. But based on those midnight numbers it lost it's chance then, imo.

Exactly Shawn, Theater jobs pay really cheap which is why they hire teens, it's a Start-up job like working for Blockbuster or fast food. I'm not saying you can't have a career at a theater cause obviously management pays better but the people running projections, consessions, ripping tickets and cleaning are mostly teens. My 1st job was at Blockbuster and they paid 5.15 an hour, I was 16 :D in 96'. Edited by filmscholar

Wow, at this point I think The Amazing Spider-man must be considered a domestic disappointment.

I shudder to think what ASM would have made without 3D.This great WOM that some Spidey fans say it has obviously doesn't exist... :slaphead:

Yeah they will be, I'm still dreading flying into Heathrow next week.

Haha good luck with that.I'm not even in London when it starts, I'm travelling 2 days before it begins. Airport's gonna be a nightmare.

Ok, you probably already have discussed that, but I'll ask again since I wasn't on the thread. Do you guys think the Colorado shooting had a big impact on Friday business? Because TDK OW adjusts to 174m and I was expecting (everybody, I think) TDKR to have a small increase in admissions.

But surely you're excited to see the opening ceremony?

That I am. :lol: Never been in person before. Also, can someone tell me why I can't seem to get tickets for TDKR at the Leicester Odeon? They have all the showtimes listed, but I can't seem to click one to order. Are they all sold out? And holy crap at the BFI Imax.

Ok, you probably already have discussed that, but I'll ask again since I wasn't on the thread. Do you guys think the Colorado shooting had a big impact on Friday business? Because TDK OW adjusts to 174m and I was expecting (everybody, I think) TDKR to have a small increase in admissions.

Yes. We all agreed that the shooting had a big effect on walkups.