Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

.I overreacted and I will watch Batman and Robin in Korean without subtitles for my sin.

What? You are going to watch the only watchable version (unless you are Korean and understand that ugh dialog) of B&R to atrone for your sin? That`s a perk not punishment.

And I have no problem with people disagreeing with me. We are all entitled to our opinions. I could be wrong, maybe it is having a bigger effect than I think it is. But I do believe unequivocally that the film was massively over predicted because of TA's success. And I will stand by that no matter what.

I think Noggin is on the money though. 180-185m was not far from the average prediction prior to the Avenger's release and the midnights seem to correlate to that number. The midnights did indicate though that 190 was the limit and 200 was never in play even though many bought into the hype days before release. Edited by MrPink
  • Like 3

It will fly by 160, and how exactly is 46M outside of the midnight numbers not good? Seriously, I want to know how that is not good. That's a fantastic number. Fanboys were just so bent on this beating The Avengers, or getting 100M OD that anything below is disappointing. Which is sad, because it was never going to do that.

Have all the likes. You deserve them. This point cannot be stated enough in my opinion.
  • Like 1

I would give it about 10M at the most. I thought 175M or so was the target, and anything over that would have been tremendous. Of course, I also thought that TDK's OW was a bit inflated from a few factors, so this explains my dampened enthusiasm in comparison to some of the 200M OW predictions. It's unfortunate from a purely quantitative perspective that we'll never know now.

Yeah, all of the fanboys were just so bent on this beating The Avengers and doing 100M OD/200M OW, and that was never going to happen anyway.

Glad the fishnets stuff died down....that wasn't even a spoiler.I can't believe people thought this would get to anywhere near 200 mil OW even without the shooting. Not very family friendly...no 3D...bloated running time (I know plenty of people that think 245 mins is just ridiculous)

It will fly by 160, and how exactly is 46M outside of the midnight numbers not good? Seriously, I want to know how that is not good. That's a fantastic number. Fanboys were just so bent on this beating The Avengers, or getting 100M OD that anything below is disappointing. Which is sad, because it was never going to do that.

160m is also way less than Spider-Man 3 when adjusted. Really all you saying that numbers like 150-160m are the numbers it was always going to make and only fanboys really though it would be higher are really ridiculous

Bold part is very very true. After TA opened, some posters TDKR predicts shot up big time.

Bold part is very very true. After TA opened, some posters TDKR predicts shot up big time.

And the 3d thing makes comparisons very hard. Edited by The Futurist

I think if people accept the shooting had an effect (and with these numbers it's hard to believe otherwise) then it's enough to just put a mental * next to whatever the OW number it ends up as and see out it fares from here on out. This has been an unprecedented opening for all the wrong reasons.

Edited by Hatebox
  • Like 1