Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

Highest 2D OW of all time with no family audience. I can't believe that we have so many retarded posters here, who think the shooting didn't have a huge impact. Moreso it's sad that people are trying to quantify it to number. I will report everyone and make the persons life hell, who claims that it's a disappointing number. Why can't we be all human and put the normal conversations and comparisons aside after a clearly unusual weekend?

All the people saying the shooting drastically affected this weekend are using evidence that can just as easily be used for people that are saying it had a minimal effect. The biggest one I see is that people are pointing out that all the holdovers dropped harder than normal. That always happens when a huge release happens. I personally think the shooting had a minimal impact but we'll know for sure depending on legs, especially next weekend's hold. Edited by Shpongle

160.8 opening weekend x 2.5 multiplier = 402 million total. :(Guys, what is the general opinion on what the multiplier on the movie will be and what the final total will add up to?

That would be a HUGE shocker if it finished under THG.

160.8 opening weekend x 2.5 multiplier = 402 million total. :(Guys, what is the general opinion on what the multiplier on the movie will be and what the final total will add up to?

My original multiplier was a 2.9 off a predicted 190 OW. So keeping that multiplier, this will get around 466 mil or so.

Well it made crazy money but it's potential was capped off sadly. 3x Multiplier puts it at 480. I don't see that happening. Shrek 2 Ceiling, Toy Story 3 floor but 400 is a Lock. The best we can hope for is Episode I Post3D gross but 500 is gone and I honestly think 450 is gone. Sad we will never truly know what could of been. So Nolan breaks the Superhero Threequel curse but this happens. It still broke the 2D and Midnight Superhero record but it's like those are hollow victories. R.I.P to those lost, Life is bigger than a movie but it's sad that the Biggest movie event of the summer was taken from fans all across the states. "The Avengers" may have won the battle but we will never truly know what TDKR could of really done. I give it a 2.5 Multipler.

Edited by filmscholar

All the people saying the shooting drastically affected this weekend are using evidence that can just as easily be used for people that are saying it had a minimal effect. The biggest one I see is that people are pointing out that all the holdovers dropped harder than normal. That always happens when a huge release happens. I personally think the shooting had a minimal impact but we'll know for sure depending on legs, especially next weekend's hold.

Ice Age 4 -56%

Ice Age 3 -33%

The Amazing Spiderman -68%

Hancock -56%

Ted -55%

Get Smart -42%

Savages -63%

Wanted -57%

MIB 3 -70%

Indy 4 -57%

Madagascar 3 -63%

Kung Fu Panda -57%

Edited by JackO
  • Like 2

Ice Age 4 -56%

Ice Age 3 -33%

The Amazing Spiderman -68%

Hancock -56%

Ted -55%

Get Smart -42%

Savages -63%

Wanted -57%

MIB 3 -70%

Indy 4 -57%

Madagascar 3 -63%

Kung Fu Panda -57%

Thats very anecdotal, but I'm not gonna spend much time arguing over this until we see legs.

I still think it can manage 500 mil. WOM is really good and it's a movie that demands repeat viewings.

Runtime will hurt it. I think this might be more of a weekend performer like TASM in comparison with TDK, which had such massive weekdays that its weekends were a bit deflated. A nearly 3 hour runtime and an audience primarily made up of 18 and older means a lot of working folks will have a hard time going to see this during the week.

Just did a quick calculation: The average drop of the remaining 9 movies in the top 10 (not incl. TDKR since it was new) is 55.01%. Is this average top 10 drop figure unprecedented (especially following a non-holiday weekend)?

*I need to note that this drop is a non-scientific calculated average since I just took the 9 movie's drop figures and divided by 9. It would probably be more scientific to weight the drops based on the total box office that each movie had.

Edited by xube

Just did a quick calculation: The average drop of the remaining 9 movies in the top 10 (not incl. TDKR since it was new) is 55.01%. Is this average top 10 drop figure unprecedented (especially following a non-holiday weekend)?

It was actually a little bigger against The Avengers. 55.86% was the average there.

It takers a retarded and someone really being disconnected from today's world to say that the shooting had a minimal impact. It's sad that people are still trying to quantify the tragedy instead of just accepting the numbers as facts.

I have no more likes so I will just quote and agree.
  • Like 1