Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

If there is a cinema shooting in Gangster Squad then the scene will probably need to be cut or the movie could be pulled.

The fact that it was poised to be the biggest movie of the year just adds to the sensationalism...

Obviously families will be affected, but I have no clue how the public will react. I suppose most people still go to the cinema, why wouldn't they? It's not like that you will not jump into your car, just because you heard that there was a big car crash on the highway. It's not like you're not going to the mall, any sport event, theatre, train, any public venue because of one single incident. There were shootings at schools, malls, and plenty of other public venues unfortunately. You can never get prepared for a lunatic act like this. It's incredibly sad and tragic.

I have no idea why the media thinks it's so important that it happened at a Batman film. They don't even have to mention Batman in the headlines, they could just say "14 dead in Colorado cinema shooting" or something. Yet the news sites I have visited all say Batman in the headline.

But they are not twisting facts or anything.... it did happen during TDKR screening and TDKR is a big name so they are not going to let it go..... that's how media works.

If there is a cinema shooting in Gangster Squad then the scene will probably need to be cut or the movie could be pulled.

If you watch the trailer or the TV spots, there's a bit where some gangsters shoot their machine guns through a cinema screen into an audience of people, and they've been using that as the big "money shot" in all the marketing. They're definitely going to be taking a different direction now.

It kinda is a big deal though, right? I don't think there's ever been a shooting like this in the cinema. I haven't watched the BBC news yet, but I suppose I'll see what they have to say about it at the 1PM news.

I can't help, but think that Western people are very self-centered. There are hundreds of people dying violent deaths in Syria right now, and yet Western media have "batman movie shooting" as their main story.
  • Like 1

The ironic and scary thing is that when you were doing crow reporting earlier what you said about police been there caught my attention and I started thinking about that.

Yea, I thought about it to because in New York they are ahead of the curve about having Police in the Theater, I hope the whole country now takes notice. Again this should never happen in a theater, they have to take measure. Now they are reporting kids got hurt too. Guys I know we are talking about box office but this is serious, I think it could hurt the movie cause again this is very serious. Edited by filmscholar

Obviously families will be affected, but I have no clue how the public will react. I suppose most people still go to the cinema, why wouldn't they? It's not like that you will not jump into your car, just because you heard that there was a big car crash on the highway. It's not like you're not going to the mall, any sport event, theatre, train, any public venue because of one single incident. There were shootings at schools, malls, and plenty of other public venues unfortunately. You can never get prepared for a lunatic act like this. It's incredibly sad and tragic.

Let's hope so.

But they are not twisting facts or anything.... it did happen during TDKR screening and TDKR is a big name so they are not going to let it go..... that's how media works.

I've already seen at least one news lady bring up a "Batman curse" and connect it to the Ledger tragedy. Of course, she didn't realize that there was also a stuntman who died during filming of TDK so it wasn't just Ledger. No matter how anyone tries to explain it, this thing is just incredibly sad for the victims, their families, and everyone who had to witness it. Unimaginable.