Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

Why is 27m midnights disappointing? Only Twilight and Harry Potter movies have made more and TDKR shouldn't be as frontloaded as them. TDK did 18m. Seems like a good number.

For a CBM, 27m is really goddamned good. Its only 'disappointing' for those with unrealistically high predictions.

Why is 27m midnights disappointing? Only Twilight and Harry Potter movies have made more and TDKR shouldn't be as frontloaded as them. TDK did 18m. Seems like a good number.

When nobody was expecting less than 30M..... 27M is a bit disappointing.

Lol what r u the parent police? Do u know these people or their lives? Geez, r some people this dumb (as in u)? How bout u focus on the fact a random douche bag goes into a theatre (which could've been anywhere, and anyone of us who love movies'at midnight showings) and decides to be a pussy and shoot innocent people.

Three months old babies don't belong to movie theatres at midnight. And even if the mom needs two jobs to support the family AND is a big Batman fan she has to find another solution. Because the baby and it's sleep should be more important. Edited by pinocchio

Thank you, guys, for your concern. This kind of crap makes you reevaluate so many things and puts so many things in a new perspective. I am praying for the families and loved ones of all of the victims to find strength and eventually peace and closure. Amazing how vulnerable people are in a movie theatre, sitting ducks indeed. By the way, who else here is from CO? I hope everybody is ok....

• Like 6

Three months old babies don't belong to movie theatres at midnight. And even if the mom needs two jobs to support the family AND is a big Batman fan she has to find another solution. Because the baby and it's sleep should be more important.

Obviously I agree with this , I just find it hard to judge a person I don't know

While I think expectations for midnight records or really close to it were too high, in hindsight, Twilight and Harry Potter are different beasts. They have rabid fanbases of young people without jobs going to midnight showings.I think significantly topping the midnights of The Avengers and The Dark Knight are the better comparisons here.

It's so petty to complain about but I feel cheated out of what should have been the greatest weekend of all time for box office enthusiasts. This is like our superbowl.

Nah, that was The Avengers weekend. This is more like a really great conference championship game, with THG being a good divisional round.
  • Like 1