Impact

The Joker (TDK) vs. Bane (TDKR)

44 members have voted

1. 1. Who was the better villian-Bane or The Joker

• Bane
    • The Joker

Performance wise it is Joker by a landslide but in terms of working within the film, I go Bane. His physical beatdown of Batman was epic to see. And I don't feel that he got cheated in the end, I felt as thought he and

Talia

were more partners then him being a lapdog.

Ra's al Ghul would be disappointed in Talia and Bane's plan since it strings things along for the sake of psychological cruelty, leaves a ton of loose ends open that could unwind the whole venture, and in general relies too much on nihilism and suicidal waiting for the end.

Silly question. Ledgers The Joker wrote movie history. Bane is something that will be forgotten tomorrow. The usual stuff.You could as well compare General Zod from Superman 2 with Hannibal Lector or whatsoever.

WOW!This is much harder than I ever thought it would be, HL's Joker is IMO perfect, the voice, the laugh, how he always changed the story about his scars, his violence that makes everybody laugh (How about a magic trick?) and the perfect police station one-on-one with Batman, his take is as close as I will ever get to the 100% true comic version of that character and I do not believe that in my lifetime I will ever see a better version.But I can say the same about TH's BANE, his look, the mask, his mission, how he was all about punishment & pain, his fighting skill, size, strength, and how bang on they got the 1st head-to-head battle with Batman, it was brutal and the image of him holding Batman over his head and what he did right after that was pulled right from the comics and could not have been done any better.I hate to sit on the fence but I must, this is a tie for me as both were perfect in their own Batman films.

Edited by CDK
  • Like 1

WOW!

This is much harder than I ever thought it would be, HL's Joker is IMO perfect, the voice, the laugh, how he always changed the story about his scars, his violence that makes everybody laugh (How about a magic trick?) and the perfect police station one-on-one with Batman, his take is as close as I will ever get to the 100% true comic version of that character and I do not believe that in my lifetime I will ever see a better version.

But I can say the same about TH's BANE, his look, the mask, his mission, how he was all about punishment & pain, his fighting skill, size, strength, and how bang on they got the 1st head-to-head battle with Batman, it was brutal and the image of him holding Batman over his head and what he did right after that was pulled right from the comics and could not have been done any better.

I hate to sit on the fence but I must, this is a tie for me as both were perfect in their own Batman films.

The police station scene has some of the best dialogue ever, nothing between batman and Bane can beat that (althought my vote still goes to Bane).