CJohn

Minions | 7.10.2015 | Crosses 1 BILLION Worldwide. Beats Toy Story 3 on the all-time chart.

Monster debut for the Minions in  France but here, it s even worse than anywhere else.

The Minions are everywhere since the Minions' father is french.

Tons & tons of articles on him in every newspaper & website.

Lots of tie ins with brands too.

I'm starting to wonder just how high it can go on OW in the US. The foreign openings so far have been crazy.

• Like 1

In the UK, Minions OW was down significantly from DM2 OW, which is why I'm keeping my predictions for US conservative. UK & US play very similarly when it comes to blockbusters. 

What about the fact DM2 had a shitload of preview money included in that UK opening? From the UK thread in the International forum...

Universal’s animation spin-off from the popularDespicable Me series grossed a superb non-final $18.1m (£11.6m) from its 573 sites, meaning that the distributor now boasts four of the five biggest openings of the year to date.

The debut ranks behind Despicable Me 2’s $23.3m (£14.8m) bow from 534 sites, but that included $7.7m (£4.9m) in previews. Based solely on Fri-Sun takings,Minions took more than Despicable Me 2’s $15.7m (£9.98m).

• Like 2

In the UK, Minions OW was down significantly from DM2 OW, which is why I'm keeping my predictions for US conservative. UK & US play very similarly when it comes to blockbusters.

Didn't Minions just break the 3 day OW for an animated movie in UK history? DM2's OW had 2 weeks of previews rolled in.

Universal’s animation spin-off from the popularDespicable Me series grossed a superb non-final $18.1m (£11.6m) from its 573 sites, meaning that the distributor now boasts four of the five biggest openings of the year to date.

The debut ranks behind Despicable Me 2’s $23.3m (£14.8m) bow from 534 sites, but that included $7.7m (£4.9m) in previews. Based solely on Fri-Sun takings,Minions took more than Despicable Me 2’s $15.7m (£9.98m).

Minions will now look to try and challenge Despicable Me 2’s $74.3m (£47.3m) UK result, and could be aided by a relatively clear run at the family market until the arrival of Disney’s Inside Out on July 24.

Edited by grim22
  • Like 1

Just for variety I'd like to go 5 minutes without seeing Minions advertising. Seriously, everywhere I go and everything I do, there's a Minions advert there to greet me. I'm taking the Wrathettes to see it, probably Saturday evening, and I'm looking forward to just getting it out of the way.

Universal probably raked in al ot already a lot just by merchandising alone, here in my country, Minions are everywhere and there were looong lines for the happy meals and the toy stores are filled with minions stuff

Edited by forg
  • Like 1

Huge starts in Hong Kong

Minions OW(including previews) may beat DM2 lifetime gross.

Massive increase here.

And in Israel as well

The Despicable Me series:

DM: OW: 201K  total: 1.7M

DM2: OW: 330K(334K) total: 3M

Minions: OW: 622K(727K)

So yeah, huge growth.

• Like 1

Universal probably raked in al ot already a lot just by merchandising alone, here in my country, Minions are everywhere and there were looong lines for the happy meals and the toy stores are filled with minions stuff

$2.5 billion in 4 years.