CJohn

Minions | 7.10.2015 | Crosses 1 BILLION Worldwide. Beats Toy Story 3 on the all-time chart.

Yes.

I expected a D quality movie with a few decent laughs in it in spite of my jaded attitude toward the Minions. What I got was an obnoxiously unfunny movie with maybe one decent chuckle in it.

I can only imagine your meltdown if this gets nominated for Best Animated Feature ;)
  • Like 3

It's been two weeks, so spoilers are allowed.

My god, the dancing guard scene might be the worst comedic moment in an animated film I've seen this decade.

Worse than anything in Cars 2 or Free Birds or The Nut Job?

Edited by TServo2049

I hold FREE BIRDS sacred. Is it for all the wrong reasons? Probably, but that film is amazing and I wish it made as much as Minions. 

Free Birds is a masterpiece of amazing craziness. You have to watch that film to believe it.

Edited by Insidearcher
  • Like 2

It's been two weeks, so spoilers are allowed.

My god, the dancing guard scene might be the worst comedic moment in an animated film I've seen this decade.

Yeah I despised that. It was super obnoxious and seemed to scream to the audience about just how SILLY this all is. Rolled my eyes so hard.

Make it "the best", and we'll shake hands on that.

Are you aware it's a riff on a minions folk song and dance, featured in DM2?

Also, THAT is exactly what the whole movie should have been: starts strong and gets weirder and ape shit crazier until everyone is shocked by the end result. :)

Edited by The Mediocre Dinosaur
  • Like 1