CJohn

Minions | 7.10.2015 | Crosses 1 BILLION Worldwide. Beats Toy Story 3 on the all-time chart.

Ice age and despicable me suffer from the same problem : the side silly characters are the real stars of the show ...Take out the minions of despicable Me and you have well not much, same for ice age without scratch ...

No love for sid!? 

• Like 1

Not really. The original is pretty underrated when you consider how much HTTYD and TS3 overshadowed it. Tangled didn't help matters either. 

DM2 is a bit overrated especially next to Shrek 2 (the closest comparison to DM2) 

The first was the overrated one. I didn't see the second.

The first was the overrated one. I didn't see the second.

How? It got a lower RT score than Toy Story 3, HTTYD and Tangled - so critics rightfully ranked it below these three.

Shrek 4 was bland and deserved its score.

Megamind was okay and deserved the score it got.

I'd say a 79% on RT is about perfect for Despicable Me 1. If Monsters University and Brave got to that range, Despicable Me's fine there, too. 

It's not like it got a 90% or 95% on RT. How's it overrated at 79%? That's not critical acclaim - that's "it was good, but nothing amazing". 

• Like 1

How? It got a lower RT score than Toy Story 3, HTTYD and Tangled - so critics rightfully ranked it below these three.Shrek 4 was bland and deserved its score.Megamind was okay and deserved the score it got. I'd say a 79% on RT is about perfect for Despicable Me 1. If Monsters University and Brave got to that range, Despicable Me's fine there, too. It's not like it got a 90% or 95% on RT. How's it overrated at 79%? That's not critical acclaim - that's "it was good, but nothing amazing".

Not from critics. I mean box office.

Ha. I don't do 3D but that's pretty funny. When I went and saw DM2 it was probably the most crowded theater I'd ever been in.

DM2 wasn't very crowded when I went. There were probably only 30-40 people in that theater  :lol:

The most crowded theater I've ever been in was the Friday night showing of Deathly Hallows pt2, and the 10PM show on Tuesday for 22 Jump Street

DM2 wasn't very crowded when I went. There were probably only 30-40 people in that theater  :lol:The most crowded theater I've ever been in was the Friday night showing of Deathly Hallows pt2, and the 10PM show on Tuesday for 22 Jump Street

when I saw it there was a line stretching outside the theater down the sidewalks always waited 2 hours to buy a ticket for a little bit latter showing than expected. ( The Heat showings were also selling out)
  • Like 1

I just remember someone telling Despicable Me 1 was the greatest animated movie of all time. I hadn't seen it yet, but I said there was no way it would beat Toy Story 3. The person laughed in my face and said my opinion on that Toy Story 3 was better was invalid. I was annoyed, so I saw Despicable Me 1 and hated it 

So yeah, it's pretty overrated

• Like 5

minions.png

The story of Universal Pictures and Illumination Entertainment’s Minions begins at the dawn of time. Starting as single-celled yellow organisms, Minions evolve through the ages, perpetually serving the most despicable of masters. After accidentally killing off so many of them—from T. rex to Napoleon—the Minions find themselves without a master to serve and fall into a deep depression.

But one Minion named Kevin has a plan, and he—alongside teenage rebel Stuart and lovable little Bob—ventures out into the world to find a new evil boss for his brethren to follow.

The trio embarks upon an adventure that ultimately leads them to their next potential master, Scarlet Overkill (Academy Award® winner Sandra Bullock), the world’s first-ever female super-villain. They travel from frigid Antarctica to 1960s New York City, ending in mod London, where they must face their biggest challenge to date: saving all of Minionkind…from annihilation.

http://www.flickeringmyth.com/2014/10/first-artwork-official-synopsis-despeciable-spin-minions.html

Damn, that synopsis sounds crazy. It'd get me really hyped for this if I wasn't so jaded by Illumination's non-DM1 output.

• Like 1