mmacader

Wednesday (7/25/12) Numbers: TDKR @ $13.77m

It's a steep drop but it's still not alarming. Pretty normal and kind of expected. I do think it will get over 400 and close to 450, but if it does 55 mill this weekend, then I might change my tune.

It's a steep drop but it's still not alarming. Pretty normal and kind of expected. I do think it will get over 400 and close to 450, but if it does 55 mill this weekend, then I might change my tune.

Nah, no chance at 450. Based on the comparisons I've run, I'm confident that it should beat DH2's $381m. Beyond that, who knows. If it beats Hunger Games, it will probably crawl past it.

Nah, no chance at 450. Based on the comparisons I've run, I'm confident that it should beat DH2's $381m. Beyond that, who knows. If it beats Hunger Games, it will probably crawl past it.

I've it doing 400-425M. It'll need extraordinary holds to hit and pass 450M.

Thankfully for TDKR, The Watch (22% RT) and Step up Revolution (17% RT) are getting terrible reviews.

THANKFULLY.If both of these movies flop, it can only be good news for TDKR.

One week ago, even the most black-hearted hater would have balked at making that statement. :(

Actually looking at numbersDays 1-7 (1 week)Hunger Games 67.3 | DH2 91.1 | TDKR 75.5117.7 | 133.5 | 120.7152.5 | 169.2 | 160.9163.4 | 187.2 | 180.3173.7 | 202.6 | 198.2181.8 | 214.9 | 212.0So its beating THG's pace as well as quickly catching up to DH2 . The deficit on Day 1 was 15, by Sunday it was 9 and now its just 3. By the end of this weekend, it will catch up and go beyond DH2 which means 400 is a lock, now if it also makes more than THG in the 2nd weekend, the 450 is nearly a lock.
  • Like 1

From the looks of it everything else fell like 25%. but they also jumped 25%+ yesterday. I've been depressed by a lot of runs but TDKR's takes the cake.

Yup, TDKR is the most depressing and frustrating run I've ever followed...and all because of some insane asshole. I hate that I can't think about the movie without thinking about the shootings and having it affect the feeling and mood surrounding the film, and they'll unfortunately forever be linked together.
  • Like 3

Actually looking at numbersDays 1-7 (1 week)Hunger Games 67.3 | DH2 91.1 | TDKR 75.5117.7 | 133.5 | 120.7152.5 | 169.2 | 160.9163.4 | 187.2 | 180.3173.7 | 202.6 | 198.2181.8 | 214.9 | 212.0So its beating THG's pace as well as quickly catching up to DH2 . The deficit on Day 1 was 15, by Sunday it was 9 and now its just 3. By the end of this weekend, it will catch up and go beyond DH2 which means 400 is a lock, now if it also makes more than THG in the 2nd weekend, the 450 is nearly a lock.

Agreed, $400M is a lock UNLESS someway this movie makes below $50M this weekend.

Unbelievable. I can't believe what is happening here. And the worst part is we'll never know what it could have done. We can't quantify the effect of the shooting at all.Well, at least the movie is great. In the end that's all that matters.

Yup, TDKR is the most depressing and frustrating run I've ever followed...and all because of some insane asshole. I hate that I can't think about the movie without thinking about the shootings and having it affect the feeling and mood surrounding the film, and they'll unfortunately forever be linked together.

Well if it's any level of consolation, the survivors were excited to see Christian Bale visit them. So most of the survivors probably don't really blame the movie.You could say that TDKR isn't good enough to warrant a near-Avengers like run, but it deserved much better than this. Edited by Jay Beezy

I Liked your post, cuz I agree with everything in it (even as a Marvelphile), but the truth is I Dislike everything it accurately states. This was supposed to be a fun week, with us Avengers-boosters trying to downplay every positive number that popped up for TDKR; while the Nolanites explained away any negative BO data - all in fun (for most of us, anyway!). Instead, it's just depressing for everyone.
  • Like 1

This won't have the later legs that THG had. I'd be very happy with $415-425m.