baumer

Weekend Estimates TDKR 62.84 IA4 13.3 TW 13 SU4 11.8

Where is this?

Houston

The Olympics aren't helping things. If TDKR is going to recover its lost audience, I wouldn't expect it to happen until the end of this weekend (Sat/Sun) at the absolute earliest. It could end up being very back-loaded if it doesn't, or it may never at all.

Yeah, it has to be a multitude of things all combining to make it even worse. I forgot to check before I left, but I don't think we have had a Friday less than 2300 in months. It might have been in April, that was a pretty slow month.

How does that compare to The Avengers?

I won't even compare the too, it isn't even close to fair. I did however pull numbers from THG and DH2 second weekend to see how it faired against those two. I can make up a comparison right quick if you want.

Seriously... fu(k Olympics.My family was watching it but lame as hell.With so many talented people in different aisles, and supposedly one of the biggest events in GB history, their answer was to present the world with Mr. Bean!! geez

Paul McCartney was good but I had to wait 5 hour for him. :rolleyes:

The Olympics aren't helping things. If TDKR is going to recover its lost audience, I wouldn't expect it to happen until the end of this weekend (Sat/Sun) at the absolute earliest. It could end up being very back-loaded if it doesn't, or it may never at all.

I think it's entirely fair to assume TDKR may never regain the $20-25m I believe it lost on OW due to the tragedy. However beyond that I'll never buy that it lost a whole lot more.

While I had been hoping for 18m Friday at least, not sure its going to get there it could be in the 16.5-17.5 maybe 18 range (hope i'm wrong), StepUp 4 should be at around 5.5 and come in #2, IA4 could edge out Watch for 3....see how it all looks later.

• Like 1

I think it's entirely fair to assume TDKR may never regain the $20-25m I believe it lost on OW due to the tragedy. However beyond that I'll never buy that it lost a whole lot more.

Depends if lot movies under perform this the effect is still happening.

While I had been hoping for 18m Friday at least, not sure its going to get there it could be in the 16.5-17.5 maybe 18 range (hope i'm wrong), StepUp 4 should be at around 5.5 and come in #2, IA4 could edge out Watch for 3....see how it all looks later.

Oh lord Edited by Moviefanatic

16.5-17.5 :(

I agree. I think some of the OW skippers will see it or maybe even have seen it already, but some of the people who planned to see it later on might skip it too so you end up with the same amount overall ($20-30m).

16.5 :mouthdropped:Oh shit, we all better run for cover if that number happens cause this board will go crazy.I said tonight's opening ceremony could take its toll though.

Commence board meltdown, haha.
  • Like 1