A Marvel Fanboy

Robin Williams or Bill Murray ?

Better comedy ?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Better comedy ?

• Bill Murray
    • Robin Williams

Probably Williams. And not because I prefer his comedy. He does better dramatic turns (esp. Good Will Hunting). And Murray's reputation in his personal life kinda works against him in my eyes.Edit: Well now that I've actually taken the time and read the first post (which comedies do you prefer) instead of simply reading the title of the thread....I'd have to go with Murray. Stripes, Groundhog Day, Ghostbusters... yeah, Murray.

Edited by MagnetMan
  • Like 1

Murray will win this. His sarcastic humor is much more modern. Williams is my pick, his stand up routine is much more potent. He just picks movie roles that seem to leave his ability to be his maniacal self shackled.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wKkuhOcoxg

As Magnetman pointed out, it's hard to gauge exactly what this thread is asking.Both are brilliant in terms of their comedic talent but as far as film resumes go, I think Bill Murray has the stronger slate. Robin Williams does get a little "schmaltzy" and I really appreciate the direction Bill has taken in the last decade. I think his dramatic turns have been more successful.

Robin Williams is one of the funniest actors ever , even in movies that are bad . I also had the pleasure of meeting him and taking pictures with him when i was in Manhattan last year and he is an amazing person , extremely kind (and he was great in the thetater in "Bengal Tiger" ). Bill Murray , i like his style but i don't like most of his movies (the newer ones are particularly horrible) .I vote Robin Williams (the guy even spoke greek to me , i would vote for him even if my opinion was different!!! :P )

Edited by Thrylos 7
  • Like 1

I cant choose. Honestly

Agreed. They are both hysterical but in totally different ways and I love them both. But I can't choose which one because I can't compare the two.One Robin Williams movie that I love that a lot of people hate is Death to Smoochy. He CRACKED me up in that.NSFW video:http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nj8-ATbUJ1Y

I guess I'm going with Robin Williams because I'm biased. He was a really swell guy when he visited a hotel I used to work at when I was younger. He wasn't a prick or anything like most celebrities I saw. For that, he wins my vote.To honestly answer the poll though, Murray. :P

Edited by Letsuseournoggin