The Movie Man

LOL, Shia LaBeouf 'done' with big-budget movies. Punk or Cool?

Do you care Shia is quiting Big Budget Movies?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Do you care Shia is quiting Big Budget Movies?

• Yes! I need my SHIA!
    • NO! SHIA, TAKE A HIKE!
  2. 2. Will Shia Come Back to Making Big Budget Movies?

• Yes, Pretty Soon
    • Yes, But it will take awhile
    • No! He is Gone from them Forever!

It would still be a douche thing for the twilight actors to say they hate the films. It is how they got started. Shia would not be acting if was not for those two. It would be like Ryan Gosling saying the Mike Mouse Club House was a terrible show and the producers were idiots.

Edited by Dexter of Suburbia

Why are his comments so controversial? If one of the Twilight actors were to trash the franchise a couple of years from now no one is going to take offense so why are Spielberg and Michael Bay such Holy Cows that they cannot be questioned? Transformers movies are crap. They make a ton of money but they are crap. If you put Indy4 up against Spielberg's work from the 80s and 90s then Indy4 will come out looking pretty mediocre. Harrison Ford wasn't even interested in doing the movie and he did it only because the studio agreed to pay him whatever he wanted. Shia may be a douche but what he is saying has merit.

I don't disagree that the Transformers movies are crap and that Michael Bay has become a caricature of himself, but you just don't turn around and publicly trash and backstab the man that is responsible for making you rich and famous. Its not like Shia didn't know what he signed up for with the Transformers movies unless he expects us to believe he never read the scripts. Hes a punk. Edited by Shpongle
  • Like 1

Even ignoring his lack of gratitude, bragging about sleeping with an actress while she was in a longstanding relationship and openly declaring that he harassed an actress to the point were she wanted to leave the movie are clear evidence of a dick.

• Like 2

Or maybe he is just an authentic person. Most young actors don't really have much of a choice in movies when they are starting out so they do crap roles in crap movies. I think it takes a lot of honesty and a big pair of balls to do what Shia is doing.

Edited by TLK

Even ignoring his lack of gratitude, bragging about sleeping with an actress while she was in a longstanding relationship and openly declaring that he harassed an actress to the point were she wanted to leave the movie are clear evidence of a dick.

He is easily one of the biggest dick's in Hollywood. I love if Spielberg came out and said he a shit actor and had no talent. But wait He has too much class to do that.

Why are his comments so controversial? If one of the Twilight actors were to trash the franchise a couple of years from now no one is going to take offense so why are Spielberg and Michael Bay such Holy Cows that they cannot be questioned? Transformers movies are crap. They make a ton of money but they are crap. If you put Indy4 up against Spielberg's work from the 80s and 90s then Indy4 will come out looking pretty mediocre. Harrison Ford wasn't even interested in doing the movie and he did it only because the studio agreed to pay him whatever he wanted. Shia may be a douche but what he is saying has merit.

yes, even though I think Twilight looks stupid as hell I would find it distateful for one of the actors to trash talk it in a snobbish way because those moveis have a big fanbase and made those actors well known. Also, it is clear that general audiences like the Transformers movies. It's not like a film like Batman and Robin where nobody likes
  • Like 1

All I have to say is be careful what you wish for Shia. You go and trash these big budget franchises, I wouldn't be surprised if the directors/producers/studios take the hint and never hire you again for one. You maybe tired of them now, but when those big $15-$20 million paydays disappear, don't go crying about it.

Edited by scottb
  • Like 4

yes, even though I think Twilight looks stupid as hell I would find it distateful for one of the actors to trash talk it in a snobbish way because those moveis have a big fanbase and made those actors well known. Also, it is clear that general audiences like the Transformers movies. It's not like a film like Batman and Robin where nobody likes

I admire people who are honest. Everyone knows that the TF and Twi movies are crap. For the involved actors to pretend that there is anything deep and great about them is something I find pathetic.

I admire people who are honest. Everyone knows that the TF and Twi movies are crap. For the involved actors to pretend that there is anything deep and great about them is something I find pathetic.

So a movie has to be " deep"? Pretty much everyone who went to see them knew what they were getting ,some fun summer action. That is why they have a big fanbase. I find the snobbish statements more pathetic Edited by John Marston

You know that the " I am an artist with standards " pose is stupid , lame and will never get you anywhere in Hollywood ?It s easy to call something trash ( i.e TF) when what you call trash allowed you to earn millions and fuck beautiful women 24/7 ...Being honest about being an elitist, ungrateful dick ?No thx. Edited by The Futurist

So do like when athletes blame for someone why they last. if a wide reciever from New England would said this "If Tom Brady would had a better passing game we would won the Superbowl. " Would be happy if that person was honesty.

There's a difference between acknowledging a movie is shallow, not great, financially driven etc and openly bashing the film, director, and studio. Shia is a brat who's trying to be edgy and failing.
  • Like 2