The Movie Man

LOL, Shia LaBeouf 'done' with big-budget movies. Punk or Cool?

Do you care Shia is quiting Big Budget Movies?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Do you care Shia is quiting Big Budget Movies?

• Yes! I need my SHIA!
    • NO! SHIA, TAKE A HIKE!
  2. 2. Will Shia Come Back to Making Big Budget Movies?

• Yes, Pretty Soon
    • Yes, But it will take awhile
    • No! He is Gone from them Forever!

So Shia LaBeouf gets bored and wants to quit big budget movies, after making how much money....on those big budget movies....

Read something like...PARAPHRASED...in a big budget movie, they have a hand up your ass, controlling everything you do.

Whatever Dude, as you will be back begging in a couple of years, for a big budget movie!

I like that the guy wants to do ambitious and interesting stuff now that he's seemingly fed up with Transformers (same with Pattinson and Twilight), instead of selling out further, but he needs to learn, first, not to be too outspoken for his own good, and second, not be - or try to appear to be - so uncompromising. Good and great movies are made both inside and outside the studio system, it's not black and white. It's not like there's nothing and no one in between Terrence Malick and Michael Bay. If he's truly desperate to stay as far away as possible from big-budget studio filmmaking after 5 years of Transformers, Eagle Eye and Crystal Skull, I can't blame him, but that just means he should make better choices. And if he's just trying to appear cool and win himself some street cred from cinephiles, well, he needs to stop doing that too (I don't believe that's the case though).

Shia will be fine and will always be able to star in big budget movies. There's a rule in Hollywood, its okay to be an asshole if you are a talented actor, that way your career won't be effected as much. Shia is a box office draw, but he doesn't need to be a cock about it.

"I'm done," the 26-year-old tells The Hollywood Reporter. "There's no room for being a visionary in the studio system. It literally cannot exist. You give Terrence Malick a movie like 'Transformers,' and he's f---ed. There's no way for him to exist in that world."

Wow, this young guy is really bananas and gaga without end. A male Lindsay Lohan or something like that.

How is he a male Lindsay Lohan? Last I checked, he didn't let a drug addiction make an embarrasing mess out of his life and career. As long as he learns to be less uncompromising and edgy about things and develop his acting talent working with people like Hillcoat, Redford and Von Trier, he'll be fine. In any case, he's probably earned enough money in the past 5 years to allow himself to never sell out again.

So Shia takes his 15 mill for Transformers 3 and then criticizes the studio for wanting control on the film. Something tells me that Bay and Spielberg had control of TRF, not DW as an entity.Go cry your shit to someone else twat.

• Like 2

good for him, set standard for himself , might not be the best way to go about it but at least he's not willing to sell out for life and be typecast!!!!edit: hey that was a great itw by JGL , he's a very well-spoken, well-read , knows-his-mind kind of guy! i like that and respect that in a young actor! a bit preppy but he is a product of his upbringing not every parents are able to foster a creative friendly environment for their kids, at least he's aware of that!

Edited by ladyevenstar22