Impact

What was number one when you were born?

3 minutes ago, RandomJC said:

Ohh this is fun.

Police Academy 5: Assignment Miami Beach. 

That is kind of scary, for sooo many reasons.

Well it was a sign...I don't know for what though. :P

2 minutes ago, Daniel Dylan Davis said:

Probably after Avatar was released. It's certainly when I started looking up numbers online. 

You were born when Avatar came out?

Your too young :P

6 minutes ago, Impact said:

So what was yours if you have not posted it already?
Man Eating Fish Goes to London with the Acorn Man?
(Something only 2 people on the planet will get)

It was Man Eating Fish and Acorn Man Go On A Plane and Kick Some Terrorist Butts (No not really.:P

It's actually Passenger 57, which has a similar sounding plot, but doesn't star either Acorn Man or Man-Eating Fish, if you get my drill.

Edited by Daniel Dylan Davis

My mother always tells me the story of how she watched the original Star Wars while she was pregnant with me, so I'll go with that.

According to wikipedia number one at the precise date was "Julia", but SW was the number one of the year.

Edit: talking about my birthday, not Celedhring's.

• Like 1

My #1 film and the more i look i believe it's correct (It's hard to find exact data to whether it led that day though)

Star Wars I believe was the #1 film the day i was born ... well frankly it was the day it was released and i believe it made around 250k.  Another film called "The Car" was the #1 film the weekend prior (at least the info i can find points to this and was already on it's 2nd weekend and made about 2.2m for the weekend so i think it might be under 250k when star wars opened) and Smokey and the Bandit took #1 the following weekend but it opened on the 27th, so i stand by the fact that Star Wars led the box office in the US when i was born.

As a venerable 6 Year old just over 6 years later I would be lining up with my parents to see return of the jedi on the big screen (it was actually the first film my parents ever took me to see in a cinema - and yes this was something i still remember from my childhood).  I saw a movie that I will love to this day (as a kid those ewoks were just so cool :P )... I guess you can say the rest is history as far I was concerned... saw the other films eventually and have the films on VHS, rebought on DVD and then finally on blueray... (only set of films I've ever done that for)  (all are special editions though)

summary - Star Wars is my number 1.... :D

1 hour ago, CoolEric258 said:

The timeless classic Mortal Kombat: Annihilation. Well, I was born on the Monday after it was #1, so I was inbetween MK:A and Flubber. I suck.

:sadben:

Wow you have no idea how much i wanted to see that piece of shit in the cinemas, just hearing all the audience reactions, lol!

Anyway, "The Golden Child" for me.

Edited by trancedanne
  • Like 1