CJohn

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D

Pretty good, the dialogue was quite corny at times and I'm not quite a fan of the acting for Brett Dalton (who plays Grant Ward) and Chloe Bennet (who plays Skye), but it seems like it has pretty good potential.  The pacing and action was quite well done though.

7/10 pilot.

It has to be said ... Joss Whedon certainly knows his audience.  Every show he's involved in has a nerd 'niche' ... and he fills it with a bunch of hot women.

The rating is very good, best since V in 2009 for a debut drama series ... will it hold the audience better than that show did?

Edited by Adam

We won't get any hero who will headline a feature film ... we just won't.  It's not in Marvel's interest, because it takes away the importance of people paying big money to see that character in theaters opening weekend if that person can show up for free on their TV on ABC once a year.

The best we can probably hope for is Nick Fury showing up for a cameo at some point ... and a few lower level heroes and villains that they have no interest in transferring to a big screen appearance.

Edited by Adam
  • Like 1

The best we can probably hope for is Nick Fury showing up for a cameo at some point ... and a few lower level heroes and villains that they have no interest in transferring to a big screen appearance.

Who do you think should play Fury if he should pop up on the series?

Edited by mulder42

Who do you think should play Fury if he should pop up on the series?

No, if Fury shows up, it will be Samuel L Jackson (similar to Cobie Smulders showing up as Maria Hill) as a cameo situation.

They won't hire anyone else as this show is supposed to be the universe where SLJ is Nick Fury.

• Like 1

Variety reported that Nielsen raised the initial estimate for the Agents of SHIELD pilot to about 12.12 millions viewers overall with 4.7/14 in the 18-49 demo. http://variety.com/2013/tv/news/marvels-agents-of-shield-opens-to-11-9-million-for-abc-1200665771/And there are reports that it did well in Canada too, attracting 2.7 millions viewers.http://www.channelcanada.com/canadian-channels/nets/ctv-two/marvels-agents-of-s-h-i-e-l-d-makes-heroic-debut-on-ctv-with-2-7-million-viewers

I thought Skye is very cute, but I like the girl playing Simmons more. Looking forward to see more of the Fitz-Simmons dynamic.The actings are okay overall, but I don't like Brett Dalton's acting much, he seems off and forced in some parts. Maybe he'll grow into the role later, hopefully.

:D

As I was watching the pilot episode of the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D beside a lot of Easter eggs I found something interesting. When Coulson leads Agent Ward around the plane, Coulson tries to tell a joke to Ward.. It’s a joke about a man, who is afraid of flying. Everyone knows that Wolverine is afraid of flying. Couldn’t it be a reference to him?'

:D

As I was watching the pilot episode of the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D beside a lot of Easter eggs I found something interesting. When Coulson leads Agent Ward around the plane, Coulson tries to tell a joke to Ward.. It’s a joke about a man, who is afraid of flying. Everyone knows that Wolverine is afraid of flying. Couldn’t it be a reference to him?'

No.