Neo

Inhumans | ABC TV Special Event Series

In the New York bars last night I heard from other well connected sources that the second shoe dropping will be the move of the planned Inhumans movie off the slate completely.

Same place he picked up his $1B budget information.  All those TV and comic guys are really drinking it up at NYCC.  Does Ike pick up the tab?  :lol:

From the same articel

"At New York Comic Con, it was announced that Marvel Studios would push back their first black solo lead and female solo lead films, BLACK PANTHER and CAPTAIN MARVEL, to accommodate a new project, ANT-MAN AND THE WASP.".

BP was pushed forward.  I wonder if he was still drinking when he wrote this?

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 1

I would not be surprised to find out both stories are part of a gossip/smear campaign being waged by Perlmutter's camp. Not because I am on one side or the other (I'm not, and I generally avoid this kind of gossip out of fear it will contain spoilers for the movies), but because these two stories are coming from the same site, the author is allegedly hearing both of them from the same sources, and both of them seem to be conveniently unkind to Kevin Feige - he's spending out of control, and now he's killing the project most connected to the TV side to spite Ike.

I dunno, it all seems too pat.

Edited by TServo2049
  • Like 1

Wouldn't cancelling this be a good thing for Agents of SHIELD? Then they'd be able to use these characters and actually pay off their Inhumans shit

Not sure why they'd be upset about this...

Edited by Chewy

Wouldn't cancelling this be a good thing for Agents of SHIELD? Then they'd be able to use these characters and actually pay off their Inhumans shit

There goes Chloe Bennett, MCU Star  :ph34r:

Yeah, it doesn't really make any sense.

Drew McWeeny says the same and ergo no Black Bolt and family on TV

http://www.hitfix.com/motion-captured/marvel-is-indeed-still-releasing-inhumans-to-theaters-in-2019

There's a rumor online today that Kevin Feige has pulled the plug on the "Inhumans" film specifically because he doesn't want to have the TV side of things defining the rules and playing with the ideas for the next few years. I'll state simply that the rumor is not true. I went directly to an unimpeachable source, who told me that the film division is still planning to make the film, and there are certain elements of the "Inhumans" universe that have been declared off-limits to the "SHIELD" people as a result.

If all these rumors are really the result of Ike's machinations then the Disney buyout increasingly seems like a godsend.

The problem is nobody really cares for Agents of SHIELD. Its viewership probably makes for less than 5% of the global audiences of MCU movies.

The more lucrative characters like Kamala and the Royal Family who can carry individual movies don't really have to intersect with the Earth based Inhumans (other Earth based Inhumans in Kamala's case except for some supporting characters and her own villains). They have sufficiently standalone storylines. AoS can keep making generic original characters + adopt B and C-List Inhumans from the comics and create a mutant parallel to pay off their shit.

Edited by Spidey Freak
  • Like 1

The problem is nobody really cares for Agents of SHIELD. Its viewership probably makes for less than 5% of the global audiences of MCU movies.

The more lucrative characters like Kamala and the Royal Family who can carry individual movies don't really have to intersect with the Earth based Inhumans (other Earth based Inhumans in Kamala's case except for some supporting characters and her own villains). They have sufficiently standalone storylines. AoS can keep making generic original characters + adopt B and C-List Inhumans from the comics and create a mutant parallel to pay off their shit.

I know that nobody cares about Agents of SHIELD. It's just weird that the article presented this movie being cancelled as a bad thing for that show

PS Nobody cares about Kamala or the Royal Family either

• Like 1

I know that nobody cares about Agents of SHIELD. It's just weird that the article presented this movie being cancelled as a bad thing for that show

PS Nobody cares about Kamala or the Royal Family either

It makes sense. Cancelling Inhumans altogether would further cut ties with AoS, robbing the show of a potential (slight) ratings bump if the concept is introduced in the MCU as well. Also, AoS will do a shitty to bland interpretation of the Royal Family and Kamala if the movie is cancelled, so I doubt the bump in that case will even be as inconsequential or long as the one it will receive if the MCU makes superior adaptations of these franchises.

PS Kamala's book is an Eisner winner, Marvel's highest selling digital comic and a highly lauded critic favorite. The character has been receiving media attention the world over since her conception. I mean, NPR just released a podcast where all they did was tongue-bath her title. Feige is not stupid to let Camp Perlmutter waste her in AoS, especially as her movies can easily be the most budget-friendly MCU films ever and her connection to Captain Marvel can strengthen that franchise as well. The Royal Family too can support their own franchise without having to intersect with AoS's stabs at thrift store X-Men. 

Edited by Spidey Freak

Rich Johnston inadvertently confirmed that his sources are indeed Camp Perlmutter at the end of the Internet's most long-winded and pointless passive aggressive post ever.   :lol:

If the Inhumans movie is not cancelled, and that remains to be seen, my only advice to the folks on Feige Island at Marvel Studios is to stop telling the rest of Marvel that it’s done for.

Folks on Feige Island:

harry-potter-who-are-you.gif

Edited by Spidey Freak
  • Like 1

Vin Diesel drops the most obvious hint of all time, saying that he's up for a character where he wouldn't have to use his voice.

http://io9.com/vin-diesel-could-play-a-second-marvel-character-with-on-1735843484

Not that Vin playing Black Bolt is new news or anything, but the interview was just posted yesterday afternoon, so at least whenever the interview was conducted, Vin is still expecting this movie to happen.

• Like 1