CJohn

Paranormal Activity: The Ghost Dimension | Oct 23, 2015 | Regal Cinemas and Cinemark to boycott the movie | 1350 Estimated TC

'Paranormal Activity 5' Will Now Open In January... http://bdisgusting.com/14eSF3V  #News #ParanormalActivity #ParanormalActivity5

There's only one reason for this imo and it has nothing to do with Carrie.  It's apparently being filmed as you read this and yet there is no director listed on imdb....there's no way it's ready on time.

Edited by baumer

I am thinking this may get a 30M+ OW now, with a good marketing campaign, and finish over PA4.

Nonsense. It will probably open with even less than the fourth.

I'm thinking 20 million opening weekend.

Edited by Boxofficefanatic

Nonsense. It will probably open with even less than the fourth.I'm thinking 20 million opening weekend.

The third increased over the second even though the second wasn't well liked, because of good marketing. Remember, PA series has a lot of Facebook fans. All Paramount needs to do show us something new to the series, like the "bloody Mary" trailer for PA3.

Nonsense. It will probably open with even less than the fourth.

I'm thinking 20 million opening weekend.

If they pull a good marketing campaign it may happen. 30M isn't impossible.

• Like 1

'Paranormal Activity 5' Will Now Open In January... http://bdisgusting.com/14eSF3V  #News #ParanormalActivity #ParanormalActivity5

There's only one reason for this imo and it has nothing to do with Carrie.  It's apparently being filmed as you read this and yet there is no director listed on imdb....there's no way it's ready on time.

Of course not. Carrie is going to do no more than 15-16M OW, IMO.

The third increased over the second even though the second wasn't well liked, because of good marketing. Remember, PA series has a lot of Facebook fans. All Paramount needs to do show us something new to the series, like the "bloody Mary" trailer for PA3.

The second wasn't well liked?  That's the first time I've heard that.  The second is the most liked in the series.

PA2 has a worse audience score than PA3 on RT and IMDB.

I'm not sure how that is relevant.  Titanic is rated lower than The Dark Knight Rises.  Some things should just be ignored.  

PA3 had the biggest opening weekend of any of the PA's.  The reason for this is that PA2 was well liked.

• Like 1

If they pull a good marketing campaign it may happen. 30M isn't impossible.

I still don’t see it happening. If you know horror franchises, then you know that their box office keeps going down after the second or third installment.

I think Paranormal Activity will be the next Saw.

I still don’t see it happening. If you know horror franchises, then you know that their box office keeps going down after the second or third installment.

I think Paranormal Activity will be the next Saw.

Box office went up from Saw 6 to Saw 7.

Saw 7 was sold as the ending, it is true. We don't know how Paramount is going to sell PA5 yet. But I can see a 30M OW happening with a 55M DOM total.

Edited by CJohn

Box office went up from Saw 6 to Saw 7.

Saw 7 was sold as the ending, it is true. We don't know how Paramount is going to sell PA5 yet. But I can see a 30M OW happening with a 55M DOM total.

Fine. I still go by my belief that the franchise will continue to decline at the box office with each installment.

And Paranormal Activity 5 isn’t supposed to be the last in the series.

Edited by Boxofficefanatic

Behind the 'Paranormal' Date Change: Latino Spin-Off Coming, '5' Doesn't Exist Yet (Exclusive)

The “Paranormal Activity" movie Paramount just moved from October to January is not "Paranormal Activity 5" -- but rather the planned Latino-targeted spin-off, formerly known as "The Oxnard Tapes," several individuals with knowledge of the project tell TheWrap.

A fifth installment of the "Paranormal" franchise, which still has no script or director, is more likely to come in October, sources say. TheWrap was first to report Tuesday that Paramount was shifting its "Paranormal" dates.

http://www.thewrap.com/movies/article/paramount-delayed-paranormal-activity-5-because-movie-doesn-t-exist-yet-103976

So they are going to rush PA5? I say they should release the spin off in October. Oh well.

I think they mean next October. They can't possibly release a movie with no script or director in three months timeframe. Right ?

• Like 1